Chapter 2 - New Greenie

"Just trying to protect you."

(Scene with Thomas in the box. Liam is there but he doesn't say anything just watches and Y/N is out running with Minho.)

Liam watches as the Greenie runs away. Chuckling a bit when he falls.

He shares glance with Alby and nods, before getting the boys back to work.

(Scene with Thomas and Alby.)

Liam walks up to Alby and the new Greenie.

"Greenie, meet Liam." Alby introduces him when he sees him coming up to them.

Liam turns to him and shake his hand with a blank look.

"When I'm not around, he's in charge." Alby tells him and Liam rolls his eyes.

"And it's a good thing he's always around." Liam tells the Greenie. "Listen, that was some dash you made earlier." He then tells him. "You know, for a second i thought you had the chops to be a Runner.. till you face-planted." He adds chuckling. "That was great."

"Wait, Runner?" Greenie asks, making Alby turn to Liam.

"Liam, do me a favour. Go find Chuck." He asks of Liam and he does.

(Scene with Alby and Thomas.)

...

(Scene with Thomas and Chuck.)

You come running out of the maze with Minho. Greenie watch the two of you curiously.

"Hey, Chuck." You greet ruffling his hair, then glancing at the new boy. "Welcome Greenie." You say while running backwards, Minho also looks at the two.

"How does it feel to be promoted?" Minho asks Chuck.

"Feels great, Minho." Chuck tells him with a thumbs up.

You smile and turn to run forwards with Minho.

"I thought no one was allowed to leave." Greenie says turning to Chuck.

Greenie watches you and Minho run, he then sees you jump into Liams arms as he spins you around, before kissing you.

"I said we're not allowed to leave. They're different. They're Runners. They know more about the Maze than anyone." Chuck tells him.

"Wait, what?"

"What?" Chuck asks confused.

"What? You just said 'maze'."

"I did?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing?" Chuck asks as Greenie approach the gate.

"I'm just gonna take a look." He tells him.

"I told you, you can't. No one leaves, especially not now. It's not safe." Chuck says worriedly.

"Okay, alright, I'm not gonna go." Greenie reassures him.

Greenie stares curiously out into the maze.

"Hey!" He hears a voice beside him just before he gets pushed to the ground.

He grunts and coughs at the harsh landing.

"We gotta stop meeting like this." Gally says and Greenie now recognises him as the one that took him out of the box earlier.

"Get off me." Greenie says, crawling away from him, scrambling to his feet.

"Alright, calm, calm, calm." Gally tries to make him calm down.

"Hey, don't touch me!" He shouts and Liam hears the exclaiming from a distance. He turns to it and sees everyone running to the gate. He drops what he holds and run toward the commotion.

"Just relax." Gally tells the greenie.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with you guys?" Greenie exclaims.

"Just calm down, alright?" Liam says as he comes running up to them.

"No. Why won't you tell me what's out there?" He asks.

"Just trying to protect you." Alby says coming up to them now too.

"For your own good." Liam tells him.

"You guys can't just keep me here."

"I can't let you leave." Alby tells him.

"Why not?" He asks. Just then the walls starts rumbling. Greenie turns around as wind blows from the maze. "What the hell?" He mumbles to himself.

Then the gates starts to close. Greenie look up at the wall, now closed off from the Maze.

"Next time, I'm gonna let you leave." Gally tells the greenie.

Alby walks up to the greenie.

"Welcome to the Glade."

Author note :
Sorry, there is gonna be some long chapters and some short like this.
It's because i plan to write more in the chapter, but haven't yet.