𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Now Playing

Now Playing..
Miss Romantic, by Cleo Sol
...
TORONTO, CANADA

I ADD THE FINISHING DETAILS of my painting, taking a final step back to stare at my work. There were still a few things that could've been improved, but the exhibition was just around the corner and I didn't have time to restart what I had done.

Plopping my paintbrush inside the muddied gray water, I grab my phone from my back pocket and take a picture of my painting. I cropped out the unnecessary background and turned down the brilliance and exposure of the picture.

Once I was done, I opened my messages and went straight to Medjine's contact. I sent the picture first, then a quick text soon after.

...

I bit the inside of my cheek, my fingertips hovering over the keyboard as I struggled to decide whether to attend the exhibition or not

I believe that art curators are just as important as artists; taking their time to perfectly convey and interpret the messages an artist wants to send to the audience is extremely valuable and critical.

" If you aren't ready to go, then don't go." Ms. Morris' words rang throughout my mind.

It would just be for one night, that's all... but am I willing to finally step outside of my comfort zone? Am I willing to finally let the human eye unravel my being piece by piece? The answers would remain unknown.

I sigh, sitting on the cold wooden floor of my studio and folding my legs in front of me. Had I been normal, I would have said yes without question. I would tell her that I was honored to be invited and that I would love to come and see such amazing art displayed on the walls of the art gallery.

But that's not me.

I am but a soul living in two different realms. one that is to hide and be kept away from harm, the other is to adapt and mimic the personalities of those I have come in contact with. That is the life of mine.