𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Now Playing

Now Playing..
Party's Over, by Q
...
TORONTO, CANADA

THE SOFT GLOW OF A SINGLE LAMP illuminated my studio apartment as I nervously waited for Ms. Morris to arrive. The scent of vanilla-scented candles wafted through the air, attempting to create a soothing atmosphere amid the chaos that had unfolded at the art gallery two weeks ago.

I had invited Ms. Morris here, hoping the familiar surroundings would make it easier to open up about the emotional turmoil that had consumed me. The walls adorned with my own artwork bore silent witness to the struggles I faced, and tonight, they seemed to echo the unresolved conflicts that lingered within.

When the knock finally came, I opened the door to find Tanya standing there, her calm presence a reassuring contrast to the storm of emotions inside me. I gestured towards the neatly arranged cushions on the floor, creating a makeshift space for our conversation. " Thank you for coming," I whispered.

She smiles softly, her black purse being set on the couch as she turns to face me. " Of course, I'm glad I could come."

As we settled in, surrounded by canvases and sculptures, the vibrant colors clashed with the heaviness in the air. "I thought being here might help me unravel everything," I admitted, my gaze drifting towards a painting that mirrored the turbulence in my heart.

She nodded, acknowledging the significance of the space. "Sometimes, the familiar places provide a sense of security during vulnerable conversations. Now, Selah, tell me about that night at the art gallery and how it has been affecting you."

I inhale sharply, starting from the very beginning. From the point of having a panic attack, to Medjine coming over, and then up until the argument that me and Exodus.

I could remember everything as clear as day; his words ringing through my ears as I recalled the argument.

" ... And then we started arguing over him being upset with me for leaving Compton, knowing that I had to leave for my own good!"

" Selah-"

" But that's not even the worst part about the whole situation! It's like ever since that night happened, I keep replaying our conversation over and over again. He was hurting because I left, and I was hurting because he was there. I know I shouldve left before the yelling and screaming got worse but I-"

" Okay, pause for a second," Ms. Morris halts me in place, placing the cup of tea that I made for her on the kitchen counter.

I exhaled, leaning against the marbled interior with my arms crossed in front of me. " I'm sorry, I know it's a lot."