𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Now playing

Now playing...
CYBAH, by Syd
...
TORONTO, CANADA

"ALL I KNOW IS, this so-called ' party' better not be lame. I better see bitches shakin' ass or something," Nneka states, throwing air quotations around the word 'party'. I take a sip of my watermelon-infused drink, shrugging my shoulders soon after as Medjine responds to her statement.

" Well," Medjine began, adjusting her position on her seat with the menu placed right beside her glass of lemonade. " Jonathan called me just before we came here, and he said that he wanted me to plan out his birthday party,"

" Really?" I inquire, tilting my head to the side with my elbow placed on the wooden table. echoes of glass clinking, waiters assisting customers, and families laughing boisterously as they ate their food in bliss.

Nneka snorts, crossing her legs over the other with her gold pendant shimmering with joy. " Mm, He's rizzing you up, that's for sure. No guy ever just lets someone plan anything out for them."

I nod in agreement, glancing in Nneka's direction. " That's what it sounds like to me,"

Medjine, Nneka, and I decided to have a girl's day today and talk about our plans as far as the party goes. Nneka stayed the night yesterday, and we both chose to ride with Medjine to get some brunch for the day and spend some time with each other.

The temperature in Toronto had shifted, it once being uncaringly cold, to somehow illuminating bright warmth from the sun rays that beamed upon earth. it was a beautiful day, with sapphire skies and clouds nowhere in sight. It was these days that I cherished the most, seeing as though I and my brother were both born during the hot month of June.

" He also said that we could all stay there with him and his friends if we're open to it." She adds, her bracelets clinking together as she speaks. " But I told him that I would let him know after I talked to you guys about it,"

I bit the inside of my cheek, Exodus popping up into my mind. I already told him that I would go, and I didn't want to not show up. especially since I want to see him. ironically so, I would be face to face with him again, and this time in a house.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach at the thought. just being alone with Exodus is enough to take the wind out of me, but to be in a house together? or even in a room by ourselves? it makes me nervous just thinking about it.

the tension.

the air.

his lips. gosh, his lips.

I shook my head, not wanting to think about that. I clear my throat, tuning back into the conversation just as Nneka blatantly says, " I'm gonna be honest, 'med, I'm not tryna hear ass clapping in the middle of the night."

Medjine laughs, pulling her black tube top from falling. " I highly doubt you will, the place might be big enough to fit all of us so we can have separate bedrooms."