𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Now playing

Now playing..
Leaning, by Bryson Tiller
...
HARLEM, NEW YORK

"HEY HONEY! How are you doing?" Medjine beams, waltzing inside my hotel room with the brightest smile on her lips. I embrace her, squeezing gently. " I'm doing good, thanks for coming."

She hugs me back, then lets go with a grin. " Of course, You know I'm always here for you."

After the much-needed advice given to me by Ms. Morris, I took her words into account and decided to let my hopes shine brighter than my fears. I didn't realize just how much I needed to hear her kind words until I was on the brink of damnation.

Medjine sat down her tote bag that was filled to the brim with hair curlers, edge control, combs, an edge brush, and more. In the duffel bag that she brought, I could tell that it was also filled to the brim with items that -- from what peaked from the side of the zipper -- was a bunch of makeup and other supplies.

Medjine held plastic-wrapped outfits over her shoulder and then sat them down on top of the bags. One thing about Medjine, she comes prepared for anything. She glances over her shoulder at me, shrugging. " I figured I could just get ready with you instead of going from one hotel to the other. I also figured that you might need help with your makeup look too."

I sigh in relief, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. " Thank you, 'Jine. Seriously, I wouldn't know what I would do without you."

" Don't thank me just yet," She giggles, placing her hands on her hips. " There's still plenty of things that need to be done. But for now, go ahead and hop in the shower and I'll set everything up."

I nod, making sure the door is locked before grabbing my white towel " Okay,"

I checked the time, seeing that it was around five in the afternoon. earlier this morning, after I finished talking to Ms. Morris, I decided to take a much-needed nap and catch up on some extra sleep. By the time I woke up, it was already three o'clock. but the migraine was gone, and the negative thoughts that plagued my mind had finally subsided.

" Leaning" by Bryson Tiller began to play, and I turned the volume to its max as I plugged my cord into one of the sockets that were painted diagonally and plugged in my phone. I turn on the showerhead, checking the temperature now and then so I don't scull myself from the heat.

I close the door behind me, then lock it. I strip out of my clothes and lay them to the side. I place my towel at the top of the shower rack, then grab my washcloth and body wash. I pull the shower curtain back, then step inside the steam-filled shower. I sigh, throwing my head back as the hot water trickles down my skin.