𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Now playing

Now playing..
Endless no Mores, by Elmiene
...
MONTREAL, CANADA

" PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S OKAY,"

" We've been waiting for over two hours and no one has told us anything!"

"My sincerest apologies, we're short staffed at this moment so our efficiency with our patients' visitors aren't the best."A woman's voice says in a calming tone, as if to soothe the concerns of those she was talking to.

" Well maybe you should haul ass and actually do your fucking job, it shouldn't take this damn long for us to find out if she's okay. and God forbid if she was dying you-"

" Nneka, it's okay," another voice interjects. " I'm sorry for her outburst, but we're just extremely worried about our friend. none of this would have happened if we just stayed with her."

I know these voices. I recognized them almost immediately. but I couldn't open my eyes, as if my body wasn't my own. Was I in heaven? surely not, heaven doesn't smell like cleaning solutions or alcohol preps. heaven also doesn't have beeping monitors that captured your heart's rhythm.

" I understand your frustrations, and I understand just how overwhelming all of this might be. And to answer your question, Selah is in stable condition."

A sigh of relief leaves Nneka and Medjine, but that's quickly cut short after the doctor-- who I presumed was taking care of me-- continued to explain further. " However, we've found a dangerous amount of gamma hydroxybutyric acid after running additional tests; along with multiple laceration wounds on her wrists and abdomen. Because of the severity of her situation, she has also suffered three broken ribs and possibly a concussion as well."

As the doctor says these things, I feel my heart beginning to race at an ungodly speed; multiple thoughts hitting me like a ton of bricks. What happened to me? What did I do? Is Nneka and Medjine okay? Is Exodus okay? What did I do?

In an instant, everything came rushing back. the club, the drinks, the wooziness I felt in my system, the way my body moved on auto pilot rather than letting me take control, the man.

The alley.

My screams.

Antonio. 

I gasped for air, my chest tightening as these thoughts overwhelm me; snapping my body out of the dream like state it was in. the heart monitor beeps rapidly, signaling the distress within my respiratory system. I feel arms cling onto my shoulders, shaking me firmly. " Selah, Selah I need you to open your eyes. Can you do that for me, hun?" the female doctor instructed, her voice drowning under the panic state I was in.

He was going to find me.

He was going to hurt me again.

He touched me.