𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Now playing

Now playing..
Grenade, by Bruno Mars
HARLEM, NEW YORK

EXODUS. The boy who once stole my heart and captured my soul, The boy whose curls once hung low in front of his face. The boy whose smile could steal the breath away from any person he met.

But he was here.

In this room.

Staring at me.

I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. I was completely and utterly at loss. How, after so many years, did he find me? When I prided myself on forgetting such memories, when I gloated on about having the gated walls of my mind stretching to the sky. And yet, they were crumbling down.

ignorant of me to believe that running away from my past wouldn't slither its way into my present life and make itself known. encapsulating the deepest wounds, undiscovered emotions, and hollowness in my heart.

The heat from the lights began to scorch its way through my skin, the corset hugging tightly against my breasts suddenly felt like a cage; unable to breathe or think clearly in this moment.

He cocked his head to the side, glancing from me then to the crowd. " I was just wondering. I was interested in buying sum artwork for my place,"

Everyone in the room glanced from me, then to exodus. The one thing I was afraid to happen, was happening at this very moment. I was nothing but a statue, frozen in time while others unraveled me piece by piece. They no longer saw the talented and humble artist, no, they saw a girl whose words couldn't reach the ceiling. a woman silenced by her own fears.

" Selah," Mediene whispers in my ear, her gaze burning at the side of my skull as she steps forward. I don't move. I don't even blink. She frowns, slowly grabbing the mic from my hand and holding her hand over the black piece. " Selah, what's wrong?"

" Do they know each other or something?" I heard someone whisper to the nearest left of the room.

" Wait- isn't he the guy who dates Chloe Greenly? the instagram girl?"

" Is he cheating on her?"

" Why isn't she saying anything?"

" Oh shit,"

I look down at my hand, seeing the tremors begin. In the corner of my eye, I see him uncross his arms; as if he was ready to step forward and walk towards me.

I couldn't do this.

I couldn't be here.

why was he here?