𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Now Playing

Now Playing.. .
Escapism, by Raye
...
MONTREAL, CANADA

"PICK YOUR POSION, BOO," Nneka smiles menacingly, gesturing her head towards the various alcohol bottles lined up in an orderly manner on the kitchen counter. each bottle looking more sadistic than the other. There were three shot glasses directly in front of the alcohol, with Medjine's speaker blasting " Escapism" by Raye.

I shook my head, laughing lightly. " Why are we doing this again?"

" Because this will loosen all of us up before we get to the club," Medjine chuckles, running her fingers through her hair. 

" And we deserve a shot," Nneka adds, placing her hand on her hip. " We've all been stressed out enough this week."

" You're not wrong about that," I mumbled, leaning against the counter with my eyes on the liquors. I balanced my weight on one heel, blowing out a breath as I exchanged looks with Medjine. " You're not going to take a shot?"

Medjine shrugged her shoulders, her black leather dress accentuating her curves in all the right places. " I already took mine,"

I scrunched up my nose, straightening my posture as I stood up to my full height.  " What? When?"

" When you went  back upstairs to grab your purse," She explains, holding up the bottle of Don Julio that was only missing just a few sips from the cap. " See?"

" Oh okay,"

" So, what are you going to choose, hm? is it gonna be: Hennessy, Taylor Port, Pink Whitney, Bacardi, Don Julio's, or Tequila?" Nneka smirks, cocking her head to the side with a taunting look.

I eyed the bottle of Hennessy and Taylor Port, my mind torn between the two tempting dark liquors. Noticing my hesitation, Medjine speaks up. " It's your decision, cherie. we're not going to force you to do something you don't want to do,"

Nneka nods with a kind smile, her expression filled with sincerity. " Exactly, that's the last thing we want to do. besides, we can always just get some drinks when we get to HighLand,"

HighLand was a well known club in Montreal known for its exciting atmosphere and its celebrity clientele. Chris Brown, The Weeknd, and Drake have all been seen at HighLand at least once every year.

I huffed, grabbing both glasses of liquor and sliding it towards my body. Fuck it," there's no way in hell I'm going to be sober this entire night. 

Nneka raises her brows, Medjine just as shocked as they watch me pop both bottle caps open and pour the liquors into my shot glass; the action causing the glass to fill to the absolute brim. I sat the bottles back down, thoughts running wild in my mind. I need this. I don't want to feel anything.

I hold the shot glass to my glossed lips, then throw the glass back; the burning sensation sliding down my throat in ecstasy. I squeeze my eyes shut, shaking off the haziness from the intoxicating drink. Nneka squeals, clapping her hands. " That's my girl!"