𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Now Playing

Now Playing..
Baby Please, by Luna Elle
...
MONTREAL, CANADA

" OKAY SO, I HAVE THIS IDEA RIGHT," Medjine begins, sitting beside me on the couch with Nneka sitting beside me with a plate of bacon, eggs, and grits that Medjine made this morning. I hummed, urging her to continue as I took a bite of grits. " And basically what I want to do is take Jonathan out for the day as an early birthday gift, and because I want him to feel appreciated," She explains, placing her phone down on her lap as she flips her hair to the side.

Nneka nods, a smile making its way to her lips. " That's very thoughtful of you, Med. He's going to love that,"

" I agree," I say, sitting my plate down on my lap as I adjust my position on the sofa, trying my best not to hurt myself too much. " And I think it's something that he'll need, especially with everything that's been going on this week."

" I found this wine vineyard that's about an hour away, and it's very exclusive and private, something that I think he'll appreciate. and then the scenery is just beautiful too," She says, pulling up the place on her phone and turning it around to show us.

It was called " ll pascolo", with a beautiful landscape in the background of rolling hills covered in lush green vineyards. The name "Il Pascolo" translates to "The Pasture" in Italian, a fitting name for a vineyard nestled amidst such natural beauty. As Medjine swipes through the images, I can see rows upon rows of grapevines, each carefully tended to, promising a bountiful harvest.

"The reviews are incredible," Medjine continues, excitement evident in her voice. "They specialize in small-batch, artisanal wines, using traditional methods passed down through generations. It's not just about the wine though; they offer private tours where you can stroll through the vineyards, learn about the winemaking process, and even participate in tastings led by their expert sommeliers."

Nneka leans in closer, her interest piqued. "That sounds like an unforgettable experience.""And look at this," Medjine says, tapping on her phone to reveal a picture of a rustic farmhouse nestled amidst the vines. "They have this charming guesthouse where you can stay overnight, surrounded by the serenity of the countryside. It's like a retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life."

I nod in agreement, imagining the peaceful escape that "Il Pascolo" promises. "Jonathan will appreciate the thoughtfulness and the opportunity to unwind,"

" Do you think it'll be too much, though?" She asks, biting the inside of her cheek nervously. " I don't want him to think that I'm just doing this just to be nice, or just because I feel bad for him. That's not my intention, you know? I want him to feel special, and I thought that maybe this would be the perfect way. I mean I've been thinking about it for a few days now, and I just-"

" 'Jine, it's okay, he's going to love it," I giggled, rubbing the small of her arm. " Stop worrying, you know he won't care what it is you guys do as long as he's with you."