《 Chapter 15: Masquerade Pt. 2 》

Damari is looking over at the window, sighing. Her hand slightly fidgeted still feeling the sting from when she slapped Angel. The girl felt the pressure of guilt weighing on her chest just thinking about it, but...

Angel's words still rang in her mind 'Little Whore." She hasn't been called anything like that since high school. but hearing it from Angel Dust, the one she thought she could trust the most in hell said it.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the famous Damari."

She turned to see Velvette.

"Who're you?"

"I'm Velvette. The backbone of the Vees. Life's not looking good for you right now, hmm? Oops, did you and Angel have a fight?" Velvette illustrated with a smug smirk.

Damari scoffs and faces back from the window.

"If you're here to insult me, don't waste your breath on me," Damari spoke nonchalantly showing that the demoness' words had no effect on her.

"Oh, don't be like that. You know I heard you're taking Valentino's offer on the deal." Velvette said as she got closer to the disguised human. Damari noticed her movement and stepped away to keep a distance.

"Yeah? What of it?" Damari said as she glared at the arrogant demoness.

"Just wanted to let you know he's a great helper. Not to mention that I'm bit of a potion maker."

Damari was shocked to hear that.

"Vox never told me that."

"Well, he's right about not knowing magic or anything to go to other world. I only make potions, but I can be of great help if you need anything I'll gladly make one." Velvette said as she scrolled through her phone. However, Damari wasn't buying this 'sales pitch'.

"...How would I know this isn't some sort of trick from Valentino?" Damari questions as her eyebrow rises in suspicion.

"Just wanted to let you know. See you in the meeting."

Velvette then walks away with a wave. Damari frowns and pulls out her phone. She goes through her gallery and sees a picture of herself and her family and friends. She just hopes she'll see them soon. Suddenly, a pair of arms places themselves on her shoulders.

"You ready for the meeting, kitty?"

Damari gasped as she quickly pulled away from the moth demon's grasp.

"I respectfully ask that you don't touch me." Damari growled as it made Valentino smirk in amusement.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to do anything to make you feel uncomfortable, Kitty." Valentino purred, causing the girl to shiver in disgust.

"It's Damari." Damari spoke.

"Well, shall we?" Valentino gestures the girl to follow with hesitation Damari complied.

Angel walks out of the dressing room when he sees Damari walking behind Valentino. Fear gripped his chest before he ran after the disguised human.

"Damari, where the fuck are you going?! Damari, what are you doing with him?!" Angel asked in a soft volume as he followed her.

"I'm going with Valentino to talk." Damari spoke coldly without glancing at him.

Angel gasps in fright, seeing his worst fear coming true.

"Damari, no! No, he's a fucking demon, he's a monster! Whatever he promised is a lie, I know it!" Angel spoke out, as he grabbed her arm attempting to stop her.

"Oh now, you seem to care?! 'Cause you sure as hell didn't act like it when you yelled at me and Charlie! We were trying to help you! And you call me a Whore! So mind your own goddamn business, you're good at that!" Damari shouted, as she pulls her arm away from Angel and follows Valentino.