《 Chapter 19: Dad Beat Dad 》

In a red room with a giant eye window, a figure is swimming in a pool before resurfacing with a gasp revealing Damari as she makes it to the end of the pool and sighs, relaxing in

In a red room with a giant eye window, a figure is swimming in a pool before resurfacing with a gasp revealing Damari as she makes it to the end of the pool and sighs, relaxing in. After her training is done, Carmilla took her to the pool to relax and regain her energy. She floats on her back as she looks up at the ceiling, wondering how her parents are going without her along with her friends. Shaking her head, she gets out of the pool and stands up and then dives in and swims as she does another lap. Holding her breath, she makes it to the other side and emerges from the water, spitting out water from her mouth.

"Seems like you're having a good time, hmm?"

Damari screams and sees Alastor by the pool, sipping his tea.

"Alastor!"

"Hello, darling! How's your training with the overlords?" Alastor greeted, unfazed with her scream.

"G-Good. Geez, I gotta get you a bell so you can stop jump-scaring me out of nowhere." she stuttered.

"Hmm... I don't think so. It's fun watching you get scared easily." he said before laughing with sound of crowd laughing in the background.

"Right..."

"So, I heard that you perfected your training. It seems you have some potential in you. Such power you possess."

This made Damari a bit suspicious the way he talked.

"What makes you say that? Have you been watching me?"

"How else would I be able to check up on you? I even witnessed you taking down those dummies and tearing them into pieces like you did with those little blocks! What an entertainment!"

"Okay..." Damari said, feeling creeped out and unconvinced. "Is this your way of trying to make a deal with me? Because it's not gonna work."

"Who's asking?" Alastor grinned.

"It's your body language and your tone that shown me."

"You're smarter than Charlie. At least hear me out."

"...Talk."

Damari gets off of the pool and grabs a towel to dry herself.

"Think about the power you possess to our full potential. To become powerful than the overlords."

"I'm not the type to hurt anyone if I have to, only to defend myself and my friends and family. Bloodshed is not my thing. Even if I did know how to control my power, I would use it to protect than to control."

"So, you don't wish to becoming much higher and more important? All sinners wish to become one."

"But I'm not a sinner. I'm a human and a full Christian. I don't like unnecessary violence and cruelty. If I did become an Overlord, I would do whatever it takes to help those sinners redeem themselves like Charlie is doing right now. And I ain't taking anybody's souls either. If you're trying to get me to be like you, you've got another thing coming."