Shellington

"Me?" whimpered the sea otter, attempting to shrivel up in his chair.

"You," nodded Crash. "Definitely."

"Why me?"

"I literally told you last chapter!" Crash said incredulously. "I mean... Not chapter, forget I said that. A few seconds ago. Whatever. I told you already. Keylal26397 and I both agree that you should go next. You're both of our favourites..."

"...Very honoured," Shellington said respectfully. 

"...And we both want to see you investigated very very thoroughly."

"Why?"

Crash shook his head frustratedly.

"Yeah nah. You obviously aren't getting this, so I'm just going to start the interrogation. Got it?"

Shellington sighed and nodded.

"Great!" Amy laughed delightedly, clapping her hands. "I've got plenty of questions for you! First up! Is it true you are from Scotland?"

"Absolutely!" Shellington said enthusiastically. "I used to live in Skye, Scotland until I got too large to not be able live off little shellfish-like stuff. Then, I wandered around until I met Professor Inkling."

"An extra question," Crash interjected. "Sorry Amy. It's just such a beautiful segue, I couldn't resist."

"Of course," nodded Amy. "Your book after all. Go right ahead."

"Thanks. How did you and Professor Inkling first meet?"

Shellington thought for a moment, staring off into the distance. Amy opened her mouth to speak then closed it again. Crash looked as if he was about to prod Shellington into continuing, but refrained from doing so. Kwazii frowned and tapped his paws on his chair until the Captain silenced him with a glance.

Shellington, who had apparently been in a whole other dimension, shook himself back to reality.

"I understand," Crash nodded. "Take all the time you need."

"Okay, I'm ready. I... uh, I met Professor Inkling when I was wandering. I had done some research and found a nice little cove. I mean... Oysters were sort of like urchins, right? Well, ha, I'm the marine biologist in the room, never mind. Basically, they were similar enough that I could eat them but not get allergic, you know?"

"Of course," Dashi said breathlessly. "Of course." Crash and Amy raised an eyebrow each at the dachshund, who was just plain staring at Shellington. Weird? Fanfic content? Both, definitely.

"Yeah. And, uh, it was at this time that I was hungry--oysters are quite small, after all--and I had nothing. Except for a singular book, a book on marine biology. And Inkling was out on a sailing trip."

"You went on sailing trips?" Kwazii asked, shocked.

"Yes, I did," Professor Inkling frowned. "Can't I go out and have some fun once in a while?"

"Of course you can," Shellington said quickly before anyone else could interject. "Of course. Ah, whatever. The Professor was out sailing, and he met me. He saw the book I was reading, and we had a brief discussion about the local wildlife. And he took me in as a student."

"And it was on that day that I met my first Octonaut," Inkling smiled.

"And it was on that day that I met my hero," Shellington answered.

"Thank you," the Professor was heard to whisper. 

"Not that I want to spoil the sentimental moment or anything," Amy said slowly, "But we really need to get on with the rest of the questions. If that's not a problem." By now it was a well-developed fact that Octonauts' emotions was an established reason to pause questioning sessions and the like.