Pearl

"Okay," said Amy. "Time for our dearest darlingest Pearly-wearly."

"Yes, indeed it is," grinned Crash. "You've got an easy time, don't worry. Well... From Amy, anyways. I've got a couple tougher questions I'd like to ask you..."

"Ahem Crashity crash-crash," interrupted Amy, looking like she was trying not to crack up. "My turn. You go next."

"Yes, of course," Crash laughed back. "As your most humblest host, I invite you to take the imaginary stage and microphone Amy."

"Thank you," Amy grinned, miming walking up steps and plucking a microphone from a stand. "Right, we should probably get into it. First question. Was Shellington annoying back when you two were kids? I know it's sort of a basic question but I just want to know."

"He was the best brother," laughed Pearl. "Perfectly trusting, perfectly innocent and extremely gullible. Just the angel of a little brother anyone could ask for."

"I can imagine that," Dashi said quietly, much to Crash, Amy and Princess' raised eyebrows.

"Got any good prank stories?" Crash asked, saving Dashi's little comment for later. 

"Oh yes, of course. Which one should I tell Shelly?" (Pearl's brother was trembling and trying to turn himself invisible again). "Ooh, how about the ghost one?"

Shellington gave a little squeak. Dashi instinctively put an arm on his paw to comfort him. 

"Awwww," said Pearl. "Little Shelly's got a girlfr-" Pearl was silenced by a flinty look from her brother. "Okay, okay, I'll get back to the story. Basically, I once told Shellington the rocks we lived by where haunted, and he believed me."

"In my defense," interrupted Shellington. "I was three years old. And those rocks were home to some squirrel things that I never got to study, but they would let off the most terrifying noise late at night. Sort of... Halfway between a screech and a howl. They were demons."

"They were not," giggled Pearl. "They were... they were mice or something. I saw one in daylight once. They were kind of cute. Anyways, so I got Shellington thinking the coast was haunted, then I pulled him to the shore one night when he was asleep, we sea otters sleep floating you know, and then I left him there. When he woke up alone and terrified, I jumped out and scared him."

"It was petrifying," admitted Shellington. "But think about it. If you wake up alone on a moonless night on a beach you always thought was haunted, and something jumps out at you, that's pretty terrifying, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," Amy laughed. "Thanks for the little anecdote. Next question. How do you manage to take care of Peri when you're out on missions? Do you have a babysitter? Is he in school?"

"The sea otter school closed down a while ago," Pearl shrugged. "Shellington and I were pretty much the last generation. Shel sometimes babysits him, that's always a treat, but he's also come with me on missions sometimes, and occasionally stays the day with Tracker or Natquik or Min or any of the Octoagents, really. Except Paani and Kwazii. No offense you two, but I wouldn't trust Peri with either of you." Pearl hugged her son, who grinned and hopped out, before running rings around everyone in the room.

"Awww, that's so sweet," smiled Amy. "Okay, next. As an Octoagent, how many places on Earth have you visited? Did you every think about travelling when you were younger?"

"Travelling never crossed my mind when I was younger," Pearl admitted. "I always thought I'd live and grow and have kids and die in the same place. As for how many places on Earth I've visited... Barely any. Many interesting places that I always wanted to visit, after hearing wild tales from Shellington, but there are also many more I want to see."