Dashi

"Right," Amy nodded once Crash had finished typing furiously at his laptop (which had magically appeared in his lap) for a few seconds. "Now that that's finished, let's start questioning Dashi."

"But..."

"But what?" Crash asked with an amused tilt of his head. "Come on. What's the worst that could happen?"

"I could be publicly humiliated," she replied bluntly. 

"And who would judge you in this group?" responded Crash. He knew full well who Dashi was embarrassed about in this group, who she thought would 'judge you'. But she couldn't say that out loud, could she?

"I... No one, I guess," she sighed, defeated. "Roll in the questions."

Shellington raised his paw tentatively.

"Is this... Is this non-consensual or something? Is that like... bad?"

"Trust me," Crash laughed. "We're not forcing information out of her. Nice gesture, though. And we also know some things about her you don't, if you knew them, you'd understand. Emotions can be messy, after all."

Shellington was understandably and evidently confused. He sat there blinking for a few seconds, before shaking the feelings off. His emotions could be messy too.

"Here we go," Amy said cheerily. "Question numero uno. Have you ever used a filter on your photos?"

"Yes, I have," Dashi admitted unsurely. "Black and white, blue tint, upping the lighting, that sort of thing. Nothing like photoshopping a subject or anything serious."

"Do you prefer the realistic style?"

"Yes, if the photo isn't horrendously bad, then I'll choose not to filter it. I just think, it's not really cheating if it's not being judged and if I can't remember a beautiful moment as vividly because the photo sucks, I'm going to change it."

The words sunk in the room a bit.

"Touché," Amy finally said. "Well, next question. When Ryla invited you to take photos for her cave diving book, where you scared? Nervous at all?"

"Oh definitely," Dashi said immediately. "At the start I was terrified. I thought I'd die down there. But after a couple expeditions, I realised it wasn't as bad as I thought it would initially. In fact, I was enjoying it."

"Although entering the abyss sounds absolutely terrifying," Amy said. "It also sounds really interesting. What sort of things did you see down there?"

"Amazing things," Dashi responded somewhat breathlessly. "Huge cathedrals of limestone teeth, and nets of vines hanging down from the ceiling. Ryla and I would scale the tree roots and explore every little nook and cranny we could find. Fun times."

"Sounds awesome," Crash nodded. "Any more questions Amy?"

"Oh yeah, a couple. Next question. What's your favourite style of music?"

"I'm open to anything," Dashi began. "But I am a Swiftie. I fall asleep to The Lakes every night."

"Good song," Crash nodded. "I'm not a Swiftie but I've analysed that one. Original chord progression. Nice melodies." He proceeded to play the opening on an imaginary piano, but somehow causing real music to play with each note. Then, he shook himself back to reality. "Right. Any more questions?"

"Uh, just two more. Firstly, what's your favourite colour-"

"Pink. Pink all the way."

"Thought so," muttered Amy. "Finally from me, list five things you like about-"