Selva

A/N) Sorry I haven't been updating at my usual rate, I've been kinda busy lately with school.

***

"Me?" Selva asked. "But..."

"Yeah, yeah," sighed Crash. "We've heard all the excuses already. What's new, huh?"

"Um... I... I suppose there really is no excuse..."

"Absolutely correct," grinned Amy. "You admitted it yourself. Now... What's the word?" She glanced around at her fellow questioners.

"I'm sorry," said Princess blankly. "But you've given us absolutely no context on what word you're looking for."

"Oh. Sorry. I'm from Poland, so my English isn't great, but it starts with A and it has a Q and it means to follow or something along those lines."

"Ah," said Crash. "Acquiesce. To accept something with reluctance but without protest."

"Thank you walking dictionary," laughed Amy with a wink. "Now back to Selva. Given that you've admitted yourself there's no excuse, we would like you to acquiesce with our demands and questions."

Selva sighed, glancing around the room.

"What other choice do I have? Okay. Fire away."

"That's what we like to hear," grinned Princess. "I've got a question or two for you myself Ms Plant-lover. But as usual, let's let Amy go first."

"Why thank you Princess," Amy smiled. "Question one. Do you have a favourite flower? Mine is lavender. Just a random little fact about me."

"Lavender is a truly beautiful flower," Selva nodded. "Wonderful hue. Brilliant flower system. The lavender also has a-"

"Ahem," said Princess. "Your favourite flower?"

"Hmmm," said Selva, speaking slowly. "That would have to be the lotus flower."

"Any particular reason?" Crash asked amiably.

"Oh I just always thought the lotus was such a beautiful, beautiful flower. Always have. The colour is really quite pretty, and the system as well."

"That probably means something really technical and I will choose to not go there," Amy nodded. "Next question. Were you always interested in gardening?"

"No, actually," laughed Selva. "I hated it as a child."

"I find that very hard to believe," chuckled Kwazii. 

"Well, it's true," said Selva, crossing her arms.

"Hey! I didn't say it was impossible!" added Kwazii hastily.

"Don't worry," laughed Selva. "I was joking. But yes, I did hate gardening as a child. I'd go over to my grandma, she was a bit weird and she'd make me help out in the garden and I hated it. As a kid, I loved soccer and I always wanted to go to the park and play with my friends, but my parents didn't trust me to be on my own and not break a bone or something. So I had to stay gardening with my grandma."

"If you don't mind my asking," Crash added. "How did you then become interested in gardening?"

"Well," said Selva. "There was this one plant. Ah, Euonymus fortunei, off the top of my head. And It sprouted these small  orange berries. I once planted one at my grandmas, and it sprouted amazingly quickly. Ever since, I was thrilled. I'm pretty sure the plant's still there, and the wonder at seeing something grow day by day changed my mind about gardening."