Tracker

The polar bear with glasses gulped.

"Me?"

"Yup," Crash shrugged. "Amy chose it."

Tracker looked around the room, seeing his friends, his family, his mentor, his colleagues and the people he loved most. He took a deep breath in, and pushed his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose.

"Okay. I'm ready." 

"Glad to hear it," Amy nodded. "I'll... I'll just rearrange some of this so that we're working up to a climax and not dropping hard questions on you as soon as we start."

"Yeah, good idea," Crash agreed. "Dramatic climaxes are key to great stories. Not that this is a story, of course..."

All the Octonauts shared a suspicious glance, which Crash quickly interrupted. 

"Anyways. We've got limited time, so why don't we kick it straight off. Amy?"

"With pleasure. First up for our favourite emergency post operator, some background. Are you from Greenland or Canada?"

"Actually, I'm from Alaska," Tracker said. "Just like Captain Barnacles, Bianca, Anastasia and all the rest."

"Oh," said Amy, sounding genuinely surprised. "Just goes to show you learn new things every day. Anyways, next question. At what age did you become the operator at the Arctic emergency post?"

"I was..." The polar bear paused to count some numbers down on his paws. "Nineteen. Six years ago and two months exactly."

"Huh," said Princess. "Happy six years and two months anniversary."

"Why... Thank you?" Tracker said unsurely.

"You're welcome," Princess shrugged, before turning her attention back to Amy, who was trying not to crack up at Tracker's adorable awkwardness. The wolf-girl then smirked at Amy. "You're welcome too."

"Thanks for that," breathed Amy. "Right. Regain composure. Next question-"

"Hate to break in," Crash interrupted. "But I'd really love to know the story behind how you became the operator at the emergency base. Care to spill?"

"Sure," shrugged Tracker. "It's actually quite an interesting story."

"Well let's get on with it, then," Crash nodded, leaning back in his chair and folding his large mechanical arms.

"Yes let's," Amy agreed.

"Okay. So... I was one of the leaders at the Polar Scouts camp. I wasn't in charge, in fact the order of command went Xand, then Ivan, then Isla, then me then Anastasia, then Nell. I was more of a supervisor, just there in case the rest were out. So one day when I wasn't needed, I went out adventuring."

"Can't imagine Xand was very happy," Captain Barnacles noted.

"Actually he was," Tracker said. "I found this old abandoned room, seemed like some abandoned lab, dug into the side of an ice cave. I told Xand about it, and he suggested we use it as an emergency post. Because I found it, they all voted me to be the emergency post operator, and since then we've been in contact."

"It's true," Anastasia said. "He's told us a little about the Octonauts, but not much. Although he did keep me updated about you Captain," she added with a sly peck at her lifelong friend."

"I'm... Hmm... Um..."

"Captain's lost for words," teased Kwazii. The Captain went the colour of a pomegranate.

"Aww, it's alright Cap," Dashi smiled. Everyone needs to be embarrassed sometimes."

"Oh. Well. Okay then."