Ryla

Tracker sat back silently, seemingly subdued yet relieved. His secret was out. His problem was out. Everything was out. Good and bad and everything in between.

"I think we're done with Tracker," Amy said quietly. 

"Agreed," said Crash. "But who's next?"

"How about we let one of the Octonauts choose shall we?" Princess suggested, spinning a pen around in her fingers, which had somehow grown claws since Crash had last looked at them.

"That's a good idea," Amy nodded. "But who?"

"The Captain?" Crash suggested, before tearing down his own idea. "No he's too nice. Kwazii, no he's an idiot. Peso wouldn't want to cause anyone discomfort, no matter how mild..."

"How about our favourite fake polar bear?" Princess suggested.

"What do you mean?" Amy and Crash asked.

"I mean," explained Princess. "The one, the only, the one who was apparently able to fool an adult polar bear into thinking she was his childhood friend, Dashi."

"To be fair," said Dashi. "Tracker was practically living out a flashback. It wasn't his fault he thought I was Isla."

"Regardless, I reckon you should choose who we question next."

"Well, in that case...  I would want to pick someone who I know very well, who's humiliated me time after time, who's an old friend... Since Koshi's already been questioned, I'll have to go with..."

A certain cave-diver wombat looked very pleadingly at Dashi.

"...Ryla."

A certain cave-diver wombat sighed and shook her head.

"Okay. Fine. Let's get this over and done with."

"That's what we like to hear!" Amy whooped. "Right. Questions. Not too many from me to you, but Crash might have a couple more up his sleeve. Let's just see. I mean... Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. It's incredibly hard to tell..."

"Um, Amy? First question?"

"Right. Yes. Sorry Crash. First question. What are your favourite types of caves, if there are really any different types of caves... I mean you're the expert!"

"Well, I do love cenote diving... Lava tubes are fun, but dangerous. Oh and then you've got ice caves... Honestly, I love a good karst cave, where the limewater has eroded the rock enough to make some really fascinating caverns."

"Have to agree with you there," Dashi said. "Cenotes are truly amazing, and they're just the gateway to a good karst network."

"Welp," said Amy. "I guess there are different types of cave. Right, next question. Were you ever afraid of the caves when you were a kid, or not at all?"

"I have always wanted to explore caves, even as a child. Never been afraid of one," Ryla said with a confident shake of her head. Amy was about to move on, but Dashi held up her hand.

"Krubera..."

"No. Not now."

"Krubera?" asked Kwazii. "Tell me more. Tell us more. I'm interested."

Ryla sighed.

"No."

"Krubera," continued Dashi with the comedic seriousness of a action movie trailer voice-over. "The only cave ever to strike fear into the heart of the great Ryla Wombat."

"And now I'm intrigued," Kwazii said, on the seat of his chair.

"Come on Ryla tell them," said Dashi, sitting back with arms crossed and looking pleased at the effect of her dramatic voice-over impersonation.