Calico Jack

The two polar bears stopped making out in the middle of the questioning room, if just because things were getting a bit weird with the Captain's whole team watching. 

"Right," he said, rearranging his Captain's hat. "Sorry. Um where were we? I'm terribly sorry-"

"Don't be," laughed Dashi. "We're all happy for you Captain!"

For a moment the Captain looked like a five year old schoolboy, just complimented by his teacher. He gave his new girlfriend a quick peck than got back to things.

"Well, thank you, but I'm sure Crash wants us to move on."

"I mean, as much as I enjoy this romance, you're not exactly wrong," Crash said. "Plenty of juicy stuff coming up."

"I'm worried," said Dashi. "Very very worried."

Crash just grinned even more.

"Yes. Now. Questioning Kwazii's grandfather," Amy said. Then in a near-perfect mockery of Captain Barnacles' usual phrase: "Octonauts, let's do this!"

"Haha," said Calico Jack. "That was a good one. Now, you got questions for me or what? I was just in the middle of a brilliant chase down the Nile river when I got teleported here."

"Impatient, just like your grandson," scolded Amy jokingly. "Now. Question number one. How did you and Pete meet, and how did you know he'd be such a great sidekick?"

Pete--who had been strangely absent from the pirate's shoulder--fell out of the air with a squawk.

"Hello hello? What do we have here what do we have here?"

"We've got a questioning," Calico Jack filled his parrot in. "And the first question is how we met. It's a great story. It happened when I was out exploring the wild Bolivian rainforest. It was a madhouse in there, the weather was storming, the ants were biting, the trees were falling."

"Sounds scary," breathed Peso.

"Sounds fun," laughed Kwazii.

"Yes, it was. I was having a gallivanting good time romping around, searching for the fabled treasure of Bootbuckle Bill when I came upon Pete. He was much more intelligent than the rest of the parrots and not only mirrored everything I said, but could hold a conversation. When I asked if he was interested in joining me on my adventures, he agreed."

"And that's how we became a team became a team," squawked Pete.

"Indeed. Next question?"

"I love you older Octoagents. You actually ask for more questions," Amy nodded appreciatively. "Next question. If you're Kwazii's grandad, what happened to his parents?"

Calico Jack shook his head sadly.

"Terrible storm. Happened when the three of us were off searching for the fabled Bermuda Triangle."

Kwazii's eyes widened.

"My parents were pirates too?"

"Of course! Runs in the family. Anyways, where was I... Ah yes, the Bermuda Triangle..."

"What's the Bermuda Triangle?" Peso asked. "Is it dangerous?"

"Supposedly, the Bermuda Triangle is a very dangerous part of the ocean in North America. A good lot of boats and planes that disappear each year are blamed on this area."

"Did ya find it matey?" Kwazii asked excitedly.

"Find it we did," Calico Jack said with a solemn shake of his head. "Or it found us. Our boat went down and with it, two of the finest pirates I've ever known."