17

Izana has been unresponsive to messages so Kakucho went on to Madam Lin's club. There he saw their subordinates passed out and Toman is nowhere to be found.

He immediately ran toward the unconscious Izana. His clothes are disheveled and his neck was left with a lot of kiss mark. A heavy sigh left him and he tried to wake him up. To no avail, he had no choice but to bring home his dead ass drunk boss.

The drive was fast. Kakucho silently and discreetly tried to carry Izana inside the house but suddenly you called him out from the second floor.

His heart almost stopped because he doesn't want you to see Izana in that state. It's already past 12 midnight, he wasn't expecting that you're still awake.

"Kakucho." You ran downstairs and checked on Izana. "What happened? "

It was dark and Kakucho has been internally praying to all the saints hoping you don't see the marks on Izana's neck. "He's drunk, i'll take him to his room. Don't worry, you can go back to sleep."

"Let me help you." You were about to hold Izana but Kakucho pulled him away from you.

"No!No! Don't worry. I've been doing this for most of my life. More importantly, Izana would be mad at me if he'd find out i let you see him like this, soooo... Please. Let me handle it."

You backed off. "Okay."

You obediently went back your room and the moment he saw your door shut closed, Kakucho swiftly carried Izana inside his room. Tomorrow when he gains his consciousness the first thing he needs to do is find a good way to hide the love marks he got from someone else.

Kakucho shook his head in dismay as he look at his boss peacefully sleeping above the bed.

--------

The next morning. Izana was struck by a piercing headache. He got up while suppressing his head and went to the medicine cabinet right above the sink on his bathroom.

Right before he takes the medicine, he saw his own reflection in the mirror and was shocked seeing a lot of hickey.

Izana tried to recall what happened but all he remember was he is drinking with Toman. Shayne was there but he knew he kept his distance and there's no way he'd fuck with her.

He quickly freshened up and went immediately to your room to check you.

You were there. Sleeping sideways with your back facing the door. He silently walked toward you and saw you with a phone in your hand.

Izana noticed your under eye swollen. He carefully took the phone from your hand and opened it. There was a message from an unregistered number and upon opening it, he saw photos of him with Shayne on his lap.

From the angle the photo was taken, his face is not seen but he knew you recognize him there.

Who was it?

He's beyond mad.

Instead of panicking and explain himself, Izana silently went out your room and called Kakucho.

"Kaku." He shouted from second floor. "Find that bitch."

"Look at this." Kakucho said as he walked upstairs.

Kakucho handed the phone to Izana. It flashed a news clip.

Foreign woman found dead on a riverbank.

Izana chuckled.He knew there's only one person who'd do it to him.

You suddenly opened your door and saw the two men in front of your doorway.

"Y/n? Sorry. Did we woke you up?" Izana walked toward you and tucked in a stand of hair behind your ear.

To his surprise, you flashed him your usual smile and calm demeanor. You know. Izana was with someone last night. It gave you a pang in your heart but you chose to act indifferent.

"No, I suddenly felt hungry. Do you have an appetite? Let's eat together. Kaku, join us if you're not busy." You said as you held Izana's hand.

"I'm starving. I'll join the two of you" Kakucho responded cheerfully just to lighten the mood.

Meanwhile, Izana stayed silent and tried to match your energy.

Damn it makes him uneasy how you keep on acting like you haven't seen something.