Chapter 1: The bet

[Expressionless Awakener]

I walked back to my house while looking for my mom as i carried a bag of sugar,my mom suddenly got out of the kitchen while carrying a kitchen utensil in her hand.

Mom:"Did you buy what i asked for?"

"Yes"

Mom:"I hope you didn't forget about the salt again"

"...i was supposed to buy salt..?" I asked as the tip of my hair resembled a question mark.

My mom took the bag and looked through what i was carrying and saw that i bought sugar instead of salt.

Mom:"You forgot about the salt again didn't you..?"

I looked down at my feet then at my mom with pitiful puppy eyes.
"I'm sorry."

Mom:"......It's fine,It's not like this is the first time you forgot about something."

"...."

As she faintly smiled and walked back to the kitchen.
My brother began to run out of his room to look for me as he screamed.

Brother:"KIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!"

"what do you want?"

Brother:"Let's have a be-"

"No"

Brother:"An immediate answer huh..?"

"Yup."

Brother:"Oh C'mon!!! Its going to be F-U-N!"

"The last time we had a bet, You made me lick icecream...on the floor."

Brother:"It's not the same bet tho! I mean it is funny on how you actually, did lick ice cream on the floor."

"it wasn't funny tho."

Brother:"yeah yeahh... but anyway, Can we atleast just do one bet. Just ONE bet.. pleaseeeee...."

my brother looked at me with puppy eyes.

Brother;"Pleasseeee...."

I sighed

"Fine....You still act childish even tho your already 18."

Brother:"Yesss!"

"and by the way, What is the bet?"

Brother:"You just turned 20.. Right?"

"Yeah,My birthday was just a month ago."

Brother:"Will thats good cause..."

"cause...??"

Brother:"The bet is...Going into the most prestigious school in the country!"

As i looked at my brother with a puzzled face and said
"The what now.?"

Brother:"Y,know! That one school named "Awakened academy"?,Worlds most powerful school in the Us?"

"Yea....but why?"

Brother:"The bet is to attend it."

"What...."

confusion filled inside my thoughts.

"I... don't get it."

Brother:"That prestigious school has 5 slots for scholar students to attend their exam! whoever passes it is considered a smart person"

"But im too dumb to attend that"

Brother:"Oh C'mon!, Its only a bet! If you fail the exam i'll give you 20 dolla-"