Chapter 10: A conversation with the system

[ Expressionless Awakener ]

I slowly got off the taxi and paid the taxi driver, And slowly walked inside the school gates.

I remembered the banned song mentioned by my teacher but i got lazy thinking about it, and shook it off like it was nothing.

I slowly felt the Gossips and the whispers from the other students outside the school entrance.

"Hey...Isn't that the guy who defeated the S Class monster from the banquet..?"A student asked and whispered to the other student.

"Yeah..I heard he used a banned song and defeated the other monsters easily."The student whispered back.

I felt the glances and stares from the other students as i slowly walked through the school entrances.

It got exacerbated as i entered the school entrance.

I felt confused and extremely uncomfortable.

'Why do these people keep talking about the incident from the banquet..? this isn't high school!!' I thought as i pouted but at the same time, in an expressionless way.

Normally, this is like high school, it's just that the students are older but still act like children, just like my step-brother. [Micheal johnson]

Because of the student's glares and gossip, I ran towards the hallways holding a map, so i could avoid the whispers of other students and try not to get lost again.

I have gotten lost inside the school for many..many times now despite being here for at least two years.

Finally,I found my dorm from the student dormitory and went inside.

I sighed very deeply.

I folded the map and put it into my pocket, and put my hand on my forehead.

'Why did this happen of all things...? I didn't even disturb the story for the whole entire two years until now!' I muttered expressionlessly.

I went to the special room, thus; The music room, and played a few instruments to keep myself calm and relaxed.

♪♪♪

I sang silently..

♪ I whispered to your ears like the winds of the earth..♪
I sang but only on the first verse.

Despite that, I was able to relax myself and finally felt the calmness of the melody.

....

After a while I put back the instruments and arranged them well, Afterwards, i went to my bedroom. The music room was closest to the bedroom, so i went straight inside.

I noticed a random letter in the corner of my bed.

'Huh..?'I thought.

I took the letter and unfolded it.

It read;

[ "Good morning kim johnson, I will give you a whole two days of break before you get assigned to your new class, since you got discharged early from the hospital, i thought it would be nice if you would take a break. So please rest well inside your dorm or relax yourself by exploring the school property."  ]

[ "From; Mrs. Ann willow" ]

I quietly read the letter. It was sent by my teacher, I could tell since her name is on the letter.

I sat on my bed and the tip of my hair wiggled and showed excitement.
'Two days..? I guess i'll take it.'' I excitedly thought.

I rewinded what happened back at the hospital entrance and remembered the so-called "System" that i just experienced a few hours ago.