Hit and Run

"W-what did you just say...? Chitoge...?" Raku uttered, blushing. "I said.... D-do you have s-someone you like?" The blonde stuttered. She looked at raku with a stern face but her face is bright red. "Why.... Why do I feel like this... Yeah, I have someone that I like.... I want to say it... But why can't I..?" He thought. He felt his heart beat rapidly.

"Chitoge.... I--" He was interrupted by a loud scream. It came from their bedroom. They looked at each other then ran towards the bedroom. "Hiroshi?!" They both clamored, as soon as they entered the room. But the child was fine.

"Mama!! Papa!!!" The kid shouted while his eyes are closed. They both sat on the bed and tried to calm the kid down. "Hey, It's ok, you're dreaming." chitoge soothed the child. "Mama...?" The kid inquired. "It's us...." Raku uttered. The child sat up while hugging a pillow.

Chitoge went closer to the child and started stroking his hair. "You had a bad dream huh?" she asked. "Y-yeah." Hiroshi sobbed. "i dreamt about.... About mama and papa..." he added. Raku went closer too.

"Hey... Aren't mamas and papas supposed to comfort their child..?" He uttered. He pittied the little kid. Hiroshi is too young to feel pain like this. "Then... Since you two are comforting me, Can I call you mama and papa?" He inquired. Both of their eyes widened and then they started to blush.

"W-wha..?" chitoge embarrassingly asked. "Please..... I know what you're thinking.... That you're probably too young... But you two're couples anyway...! I.. I just want to feel parental love again... And feel that I have real parents.. P-please... waaahhhhh....." He started to cry and hugged the both of them.

Both pitied the child and hugged him back. "Hey, how old are you again...?" Raku asked, hugging him tightly with chitoge. "S-seven... Waaaaahhh....!" Hiroshi couldn't hold back his tears. "Y-you're too young...." Chitoge said with tears gathering in the corner of her eyes.

* * * *

Light was shining down raku's eyes. It was morning. He woke up and saw that Chitoge and Hiroshi are still sleeping. They slept on the same bed..... The Same Bed... He slept with chitoge. His face turned bright red when he thought of that. He jumped out of bed and decided to make breakfast, so he can forget about it.

When they are all awake and finished their breakfast, Chitoge requested of going out. She wanted hiroshi to forget about his past and enjoy his present life. They ate all kinds of food and bought him some mangas and stuff. They'd do anything just for hiroshi to forget about all his pain. He was only 7 after all.

"Ahhh~, That was fun!" chitoge blissfully said. "Did you have fun hiroshi?" Raku asked the kid. "Yeah! A lot!". They were busy talking to each other about the stuff they did today. Meanwhile, A guard who wanted to buy a snack by the near pedestrian lane noticed that the walking sign was broken and went inside his office to fix it.

"Be careful crossing the road, remember the last time that happened to you?" Raku uttered. "Yeah, If the green guy appeared, You can cross right? And if the red guy appeared, You have to wait for cars to go by." Hiroshi grinned. "That's right!" chitoge agreed.

They got to the nearby pedestrian and looked at the sign. It was green. Hiroshi was about to cross but raku stopped him. "Why? It's the green guy." "Just because it's green doesn't mean you're allowed to cross already. We just got here. What if it turns red all of the sudden?" raku said. "You're right. Sorry."

They looked at the sign and a few seconds passed, it was still green. "It's been a few seconds, Let's go!" hiroshi ran to the other side. "Hey wait! don't run!" raku said. Which made the kid stop at the middle. Then the sign turned red. There aren't much people roaming aroung their district, but still.

And a car was headed their way. This time it was fast. Raku noticed from afar that the driver was drunk. "Go!" Raku shouted. Hiroshi was about to run, but with his little legs, he won't be able to make it. Chitoge went ahead and pushed hiroshi to the other side. "CHITOGE NO!" raku shouted.

She got hit by the car. But the driver didn't care and went ahead. It was a hit and run. "CHITOGE!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED......