Chapter 7

~Raku's POV~

"She didn't come back again?" hiroshi asked. "Yeah. She's at her house" I sighed. Hiroshi started to look glum. I smiled at him and messed up his hair. "She just has some things she needs to take care of..... She'll be back".

He smiled at me and nodded. I noticed some of his wounds. "Some of your wounds have healed" I uttered. "Yeah. Thank you for nursing me" He said observing his wounds. The smile on his face vanished which startled me. "What's wrong?" I knelt down and put a hand on his shoulder.

"If I'm ok now, then that means I'm going away now right? You'll be sending me to the orphanage..." He said, but wasn't facing me. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. He started to cry. "I'll miss you guys... Even though we only spent little time together.... Those times are precious to me!" He tightened his grip on my shirt.

"Hey, you're not fully healed yet you know? you're still not going back. If these moments are really precious to you, then you should forget about going away first and spend this remaining time you have with us happily" I uttered, trying to comfort him.

"Yeah... You're right" He replied pulling away from me and wiping away his tears. The smile on his face is back. "Thank you. I wish mom was here" He added, which made me feel bad. "Don't worry, She'll be back" I grinned.

*          *          *          *

I made some dinner and ate with hiroshi. We watched an action movie and played for a while. After that, I coaxed him to sleep. I sat on the sofa outside the bedroom and took out my pendant. "Kosaki Onodera huh..." I muttered to myself as I read the name that was carved on the ring.

Why do I feel like this.... Shouldn't I be happy? I wanted to jump up and down happily, but I didn't feel like it. I feel like there's something wrong. Like there's something missing. I started tapping my fingers on the glass table in front of me. I feel like the answer is just here. somewhere. But where the hell could it be...??

A ringtone from my phone snapped me out from my thoughts. There was a text message. It read Gorilla girl.

It says: Hey beansprout, I just wanted to tell you that dad  said we could stop pretending to be a couple now and I'll be leaving japan after graduation. Do your best telling everyone that your promised girl is kosaki-chan.

My eyes widened when I read the message. She'll be leaving japan? oh, right. It's been three years......'Don't leave'.... "What?" I asked myself.

I'm pretty sure I heard myself just now. "What is this?" I asked myself confusingly. "I..." I held my chest tightly. I don't know what I'm feeling. I looked at the clock and it was 11:53 PM. "I... I'm just tired" I said to myself. 

I entered the bedroom and laid beside hiroshi. "I just hope it's not what I think it is...." I murmured and then drifted off to sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED.......