Chapter - 23 I can't do this anymore

Nanon

.

I was damn wondering about all the ways I had to return Ohm's keys.

I was determined not to face Ohm, as I wanted to keep the return a secret. I slipped out of lecture room. It was last period after all.

I knew that Ohm had basketball practice in first and last periods. It gave me a perfect chance. But oh shit! He had parked his car today in the Engineering car parking. 

That meant I had to go through all the Team Basketball Supporters to his car. I prayed as I held the strap of my bag tightly as I walked towards the basement.

The Basement was huge and all the parkings were joined but only there were tape lines on the floor written the name of the faculty and a line from where the that faculty's parking started. Weirdly the parking was empty, that's when I knew. 

Shia! We had pratice for the annual programme of the year. That's why there was  no one here. I was in a main part. I going to be killed my seniors.

But the Engineering faculty was also suspiciously quiet. 

Was there anything coming up for me?

I stood when the division line was just in front of me. I looked around everywhere. I made sure that no one was there. I took in a deep breathe.

Whatever is going to happen, Nanon, you have gone through worse.

I took a last deep breathe as I stepped in. That's when the basement lit up..

Aish! I knew it.

I turned around only to see Team Basketball supporters, all whispering and laughing. They stood away from me. It was as if I was something funny. 

That's when the boy, Hun came up with a cricket ball, bouncing it up and down.

"Team Basketball may be bad at studies but you aren't any better in sports." He says as his friends come from in the crowd all with cricket bats and balls.

"SUFFER!" That's the last he said before they all started hitting me with cricket balls. I tried my best to dodge. 

I couldn't.

One

Two

Three

Four

Balls keep hitting me. I closed my eyes as I prayed," Ohm, I am sorry. Save me. Save me Ohm."

I can't do this anymore

One hit my leg as I fell on the ground.

Ohm

.

I, Perth and Gemini entered the basement only to see the worst scene unfold.

Hun and his buds were hitting Nanon with cricket balls. I rushed towards them. Perth pulled Hun back as he punched him," What the hell has got into you, Hun!" 

I quickily covered Nanon as he whimpered. 

"Nanon.." 

"Ohm I am sorry.. Save me.." He said handing me the car keys.

"You had come to return it.." A lump formed in my throat.

I helped him as I made him sit inside the car as the commotion calmed down outside.

Perth and Gemini left to give me and Nanon some peace alone.

He cried. He cried so hard. He kept crying. After a while, I couldn't stand it. I quickly pulled him in a hug.

I knew he was shocked. His shoulders arched upward but then he gave in and kept crying.

He was hurt, Ohm. Really bad. 

Sometime, later after I gave him water he stood up.

"Hey. You can't be walking now.-" I was cut off.

"You should get going. Just to let you know. From today evening, all are shifting into the dorms." He said as he walked away trying his best to not limp.

I watched his figure walk further and further away as he leaved.

My Nanon..

>>><<<

 Author: My suffering was similar but a bit less painful..