Chapter 2 - A Simple Task

"Cameryn it is Sunday night, you leave at 5 am tomorrow and you haven't packed. You have had since Wednesday to do this and you just had to leave it until the last minute." 

Lianna was not happy with Cameryn, all the excitement and proudness of making the Lionesses squad had died off and once again she was a mother living vicariously through her daughter.

There was a knock at the door that briefly saved Cameryn, "I will be back," her mother said while pointing directly at the empty bag placed on the bed.

"Hey Lianna," could be heard from downstairs.

"Oh hi Jaime-Lee, how can I help you?" asked Lianna.

"I'm here to help Cameryn pack if that's okay?"

"Please, please do, she hasn't made any progress and leaves in nine hours." 

Jamie-Lee chuckled at her friend's lack of organisation and pranced up the stairs into Cameryn's room. The room was a mess there were clothes everywhere except in the suitcase.

"She is so overbearing sometimes," groaned Cameryn.

Jamie-Lee began to move some of the clothes off the floor and into piles, sorting between what would definitely be needed, definitely not be needed and what might be needed. Unfortunately, most of the clothes fell into the maybe category making the packing process even harder.

"Didn't Sarina send you a list for packing?" asked Jaime-Lee after recalling their conversation from last night.

"She sent me a list with everything I need, I'm just too lazy to do it."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," giggled Cameryn.

"Of course you did, and this is not a laughing matter," Jaime-Lee was beginning to get as concerned as Lianna was downstairs.

Cameryn pulled up the list of what to pack, however, it wasn't very helpful. Clothes for a month, football boots, shin guards, training kits and anything else needed for the trip. Jaimie-Lee was equally disappointed with the detail of the packing list but used it as a starting point.

"Okay grab your boots."

"Which ones?" asked Cameryn.

"I don't know! Whichever ones you've been wearing at the moment? They'll have your spares anyway, just grab some." Jaime-Lee's attention span was wearing thin and Cameryn's lack of attention wasn't helping.

"Don't tell me you only have one pair. Go find another." Once again Cameryn darted out of the room and returned with another pair of boots.

"And you shin guards, where are they?"

"Downstairs in my kit bag."

"Go get them." 

Lianna finally appeared at the door, "so how's the packing going? I could hear footsteps going up and down the stairs, and thought it might be interesting." 

"She's a pain in the ass I tell you. She's driving me crazy."

Cameryn appeared once again, now equipped with the shin guards, and this time her kit bag.

"Oh my gosh, look who used her initiative and brought her entire kit bag up, well done," the tone of sarcasm echoing through Jamie's voice caused Cameryn to roll her eyes and Lianna to laugh.

"What do I do about the training kits? I don't have my England ones yet."

"Why don't you put in two of your Bristol City kits just in case and then I'm sure you'll get all your England kits when you get there, including your training kits. Oh and throw in some undershirts," Jaime-Lee spoke trying to calm down the flustered Cameryn.