Chapter 17 - 20th of November

"Cam?" questioned Leah as she woke up to see the vague silhouette of Cameryn sitting upright in her bed. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I can't sleep, my head hurts," Cam responded while staring across at the white walls.

"Come here," Leah said holding out her arms for Cameryn to climb into. The brunette snuggled under the blankets with her back to Leah's chest, causing Leah to press her face into the back of Cam's neck. "I'll always be here for you, anytime."

"This is peaceful," replied Cameryn.

"Go back to sleep then," continued Leah laying an arm over Cameryn's waist and pulling the girl in tight against her own body. 

As the sun rose and splinters of light shone into the room Leah woke up again to find the younger girl still snuggled up beside her. "Happy birthday," Leah whispered into the brunette's ear, causing Cam to cuddle in deeper.

"I want to go back to sleep," Cameryn slurred out as she rolled over to face Leah, snuggling into the blonde's chest and tucking her face into her neck.

"Cam, it's your birthday, remember... we're going to get tattoos."

"Nope, it's comfy here," she said gripping the edge of Leah's shirt like she did when she was nervous.

"Why are you nervous Cam?" asked Leah picking up on the change in personality.

"I'm not nervous."

"You are, you're fiddling with my shirt like you always do when your nerves are getting the better of you, now look at me," she said as she placed her hands on the girl's cheeks turning her face up so they made eye contact, "today is going to be a good day because we're celebrating together. We are going to get out of bed, go eat breakfast and then we'll go get our tattoos later."

Cameryn finally agreed to the plan and rolled out of Leah's grip, sitting herself up on the edge of the bed. Leah did the same and threw a random hoodie over her head before passing Cameryn the Arsenal one she loved.

"But you never let me wear this?" questioned Cam as she took the hoodie.

"It's your birthday, and I think it looks better on you anyway," replied Leah with a tilt of her head. Cam happily accepted and threw it on before jumping out of bed and running down the stairs.

Leah chased her down the stairs laughing her head off and calling after Cameryn, "For someone who doesn't like their birthday you've seemed to warm up to the idea!"

Cameryn and Leah bound into the kitchen with Cam jumping up to sit on the kitchen bench. Leah ran in slightly out of breath which only received her the comment, "You need to work on your fitness before you come back to full-time football."

"Haha very funny, what do you want for breakfast?" fired back Leah.

"Umm, ham sandwiches?" Cam proposed.

"Of course," replied Leah before beginning to prep the unusual breakfast. "Okay, go sit down," Leah said passing the plate of sandwiches to Cameryn, "I'll be back in just a second."

Leah disappeared back up the stairs leaving Cameryn to sit alone in the kitchen slowly eating her sandwiches. The sun was shining through the trees in the back of Leah's yard reflecting across the bench and into the windowed living room.

As Cameryn finished her sandwiches she started to wonder where on Earth Leah was, "Le, are you coming back?" she called out. As if summoned, footsteps started thumping down the stairs and Leah emerged back into the kitchen, holding three gift bags and two parcels.

"What have you done?" asked Cameryn as she eyed the presents in the blonde's hands.

"Well, the two boxes are from Wyatt and your Mum, and Jayden, and then two of the bags are from me and the other is from April," Leah responded as she approached Cameryn with the pile of presents.