Chapter 16 - Debut Game Part 2

After the eventful morning the pair had had, Leah and Cameryn, were becoming overly excitable waiting for the game. They playing Liverpool at the Emirates and Cameryn was buzzing with nerves. "Leah, I don't know if I can do this," called out Cameryn as she packed her bag for the game, shoving random things into her backpack.

"We've already gone through this once, you are going to do amazing, so stop overthinking, and if you're really that nervous go read the letter from your dad again," Leah proposed as she stuck her head through the door. "You'll do amazing, I promise."

 Leah ran back into her room to grab the last few things before heading down to make lunch. She wasn't the most skilled in the kitchen, but it was also game day, so ham sandwiches it was. Cameryn finished packing and dropped her bag at the door before joining Leah in the kitchen to eat their sandwiches.

"Thanks, Le," she said as she sat down taking a sandwich.

"You got over your fears yet?" asked Leah intending for it to be a joke.

"Well kind of, but no not really. I'm so scared I've forgotten something."

"There's not much to forget, they have your kit, you should have your spare boots, your shinguards, that's all. You've got your phone, your AirPods, your hoodie, your jacket?" she asked.

"Yes, I have my letter too," Cam replied.

"Then you have everything," assured Leah as she took another bite of her sandwich. "Come on, we better get going, the game is in a few hours and we've got to be at the Emirates in one."

The girls headed to Leah's car with their bags, climbing in and pulling out of the driveway. Leah blasted the music as they drove along the bustling roads, both of them singing their hearts out to whatever song came on next. 

Leah took Cameryn's hand as they drove along, "I'm so proud of you, you've been amazing in training, at the England camp, and whilst you were at Bristol City. I can't wait to see what you can do on that pitch in front of so many people."

"Thank you, Le. It's nice to hear at least one person has faith in me," the brunette replied as she diverted her gaze out the window. 

"Your family is proud of you Cam, they might not be by your side today but they'll be watching on TV and when they get the chance they'll come over to watch a game, I know it."

Leah's words were all Cameryn needed to feel calm, her voice was soothing and the grip she held on the brunette's hand was comforting. The rest of the drive was less loud, and less music was played, but overall it was more peaceful. Once the girls arrived at the Emirates Stadium there were already fans lining the car park and queueing up to the stadium entrance, it was simply a surreal experience.

"Wow," breathed out Cameryn as they climbed out of the car, "this is so much bigger than I thought it would be."

"It's pretty insane, isn't it?" asked Leah as she turned to see that Cameryn's jaw had physically dropped. The blonde used her finger to close Cameryn's jaw before taking her hand and beginning to walk into the back of the stadium. 

The back door was much more peaceful as the fans were all collecting out the front. Leah and Cameryn made their way into the stadium and found their way to the locker room where some of the players were already waiting. The first person Cameryn noticed was the brunette she was falling head over heels for, Kyra.

Kyra bounced across the room practically jumping into Cameryn's arms, which ultimately attracted some unwanted attention from the other players in the room including Wally, Beth and Viv. Wally directed a side eye to Leah silently asking what was happening there but Leah didn't give anything away, instead, she just shrugged.