Chapter 3 - The Roomie

Monday morning was terrifying for Cameryn. She had to wake up at 4 am, and to make matters worse she forgot to pick out the outfit she was wearing last night whilst she packed. This meant that most of her clothes had been packed and there was minimal clean stuff to choose from.

Eventually, she found a clean pair of grey tracksuit bottoms and a baggy oversized t-shirt, she grabbed a hoodie and paired it with a black puffer jacket. Her white Nike Blazers waited for her by the front door and she threw on a pair of crew-cut Nike socks. It was all coming together, in less than three hours she would be arriving in London at April's house. Then not long after that she'd be arriving at the England Base Camp for her first day as a Lioness.

"Are you scared?" asked Jayden as he trudged downstairs in his red and black plaid pants and the closest hoodie he could find. His brown hair looked like a mop had been placed on his head and his eyes were half shut.

"Thanks for getting up this early in the morning. It's not normal for you to be up before the sun, that's for sure," she responded avoiding the question at hand.

"You didn't answer my question Cami." There it was again the infamous nickname.

"Yes. I'm scared. Why wouldn't I be? I'm going to play with a new team, with much higher stakes, and I'm terrified of what they'll think of me." She took a few deep breaths after finishing her rant and leaned in to hug her brother. He placed his chin perfectly on her head and held her tight, although twins, he was much taller making him the perfect height for good hugs.

Two more sets of feet made their way down the stairs and wrapped their arms around the twins. Wyatt's face could be seen trying to squeeze his way in to hug his sister. They may always fight, but they will always love each other no matter what.

Their mother stepped back to let the children have their moment before taking Cameryn into her arms. "I love you, always remember that," she whispered into Cameryn's ear.

"I love you too," she said before turning to the boys and repeating it. She bent down to give Archie one last cuddle and then moved towards the door.

Once the final goodbyes were done she picked up her kit bag and wheeled her suitcase out to the car, throwing it onto the backseat. "See you in a month, give or take," she said, a large smile plastered across her face.

For the final time in a month, she pulled out of the driveway and turned down the street away from her childhood home. "Let's do this thing."

She turned the music up loud once again and sang along for the whole drive. It was only two and a half hours meaning she made it across to April's home without needing a break.

April owned a small apartment in St Albans with her boyfriend Nate. They were both very welcoming when it came to Cameryn's arrival. April was getting excited to see her sister and was even happier about her recent achievements.

"I can now tell people my sister is a Lioness, do you know how cool that is?"

All Cameryn could do was laugh, she couldn't believe her sister was so excited for her. April was typically the more self-absorbed of the four siblings, constantly wanting to show off her achievements and her wealth, but for once she was letting Cameryn shine.

It was 9 am now, April and Nate had provided Cameryn with some breakfast and it was now time to head over to the training centre and hotel they were staying at. She said her final goodbyes once again and began the trip, this time no music played and there was an odd tension in the air.

Not long after, Cameryn pulled up outside the centre. Grabbing her bags out of the car she made her way to the front door, there was the occasional flash of a paparazzi camera but nowhere near as much as what the other players received. As she stepped inside the building, the warm environment engulfed her. She saw the front desk directly in front of her and strolled her way up - confidence intact.