Chapter 12 - Beach Day

"Good morning Cameryn," called out Leah from the bathroom. She was already getting ready for the day while Cam was fast asleep in bed. "Get up you lazy head, we're going to the beach."

The thought of the beach got Cameryn's attention. "The team decided we should do an outing to the beach before we leave tomorrow."

"Okay, I'm getting up now," responded Cameryn dragging herself into the bathroom. She tried to get ready as quickly as she could but she was fumbling all her makeup and stuff across the room. She eventually managed to get a face of makeup on and neatened her hair. Leah had already gone back out into the bedroom to change so she was waiting on the sofa completely dressed. She wore a yellow bikini with some denim shorts and a white button-up shirt.

"You look nice," said Cameryn as she tried to find her own clothes.

"Thanks," responded Leah although she was clearly distracted by her phone. Cameryn snuck up behind her to see who she was messaging just to see the names of some of the Australian players across the top of her screen.

"You're inviting the Aussies?!" yelled out Cameryn almost deafening Leah.

"Well, I intended on just inviting the Australian players on the Arsenal team, but I think a few more are coming too. It'll give you a chance to meet some more of the girls you'll be playing with at Arsenal," Leah said trying to convince the younger girl that all will be okay. "Oh, and Kyra's coming," continued Leah, "I asked Steph about how the team was after the game and she said that Kyra wouldn't stop talking about you, so it's a good sign."

"Leah Williamson, what have you done?" accused Cameryn.

"Nothing, I thought you'd be happy to see the girl you were practically drooling over at the game a few days ago."

Cameryn huffed and marched back over to her suitcase to find something to wear. She finally found a blue bikini and some denim shorts and ran into the bathroom to change. As she walked out she grabbed Leah's Arsenal hoodie off the bed and slipped it on.

"Your Arsenal hoodie is right there," Leah said pointing to the hoodie sitting on Cameryn's bed.

"Yeah, but yours is clean, I got stuff on mine," replied the brunette.

"You have got to be kidding me, if you get anything on that one I'm taking them both back, and you better wash yours." Leah was not having it but quickly got over it when she realised they had to head down to the bus that was taking them to the beach.

She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder opening the door for Cameryn to walk out. Leah had towels and other necessities in her bag including her wallet and phone, as well as somehow Cameryn's.

The bus trip to the beach was short, and once they arrived everyone ran down to the sand finding a spot to set up for the day. Some of the girls dumped their stuff and ran straight into the surf whilst the others took their time setting up.

Not long after the England girls arrived so did the Aussies. Some joined the girls on the sand while others headed into the water.

"Do you mind if I put my towel down here?" asked a familiar Australian accent.

Cameryn turned her attention up to the voice which was attached to the number 23. "Sure," Cam said unsure of how she wanted it to play out. Leah was sat on the other side of Cameryn nudging her in the ribs. 

"I'm Kyra by the way," spoke the Aussie.

"Cameryn," she replied. 

"Leah mentioned that you're coming to Arsenal, that's exciting isn't it?" she asked.