Chapter 14 - Arsenal Day One

"Cameryn, welcome," spoke Jonas as he greeted her at the door to the training centre, "It's great to have you here".

"It's great to be here, thank you for this opportunity," replied Cameryn. Suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her waist, lifting and spinning her around. "Leah!" Cam screamed as she gripped tightly to the arms holding her.

"I missed you, Cam," Leah said as she placed her back on the ground. Cameryn spun around to properly embrace the blonde in a tight hug.

"I missed you too Le. I've got to go sign my contract but I'll see you after, and you can give me a tour maybe?" she asked in response.

"Yeah of course," Leah placed a kiss on Cameryn's head like she usually would.

The room that Jonas had set up for the contract signing was brightly lit as the pair walked in. Cameryn was guided to a seat in front of the contract, there were photographers scattered around the room ready to capture the moment she started the next chapter of her life.

"So you've read the contract and you're ready to sign?" asked Jonas confirming that she was ready to move on with the process. As she lifted the pen the cameras already started to flash indicating that many photos were being taken of the moment. The black ink hit the paper and she signed her name across the dotted line, she was finally a member of Arsenal. She kissed the side of her clenched fist like she did with each goal celebration and pointed to the sky in memory of her dad.

As Cameryn glanced to the back of the room she noticed her blonde best friend leaning against the wall watching her sign the contract. Next to Leah was the brunette Cam had kissed only a matter of days earlier, she had a smirk spread across her face watching the younger girl sign her life away to the club.

"Thanks, Cameryn, if you head over to Leah and Kyra they'll do your tour of the centre and afterwards you can head to the kit room to get your new jersey and take a few photos. Feel free to head home once all that's done, the team has today off," Jonas said as he reached out to shake the girl's hand. 

Cameryn walked over to the girls at the back of the room hugging Leah first. "Welcome to the Arsenal Cam," Leah said as she released the girl from her hug which caused the 19-year-old to immediately turn to the other brunette and hug her equally as tight. 

"It's good to see you again," spoke Kyra as she held Cameryn close to her body by the waist. The tour began and the girls visited the gym and the pitches which amazed Cameryn, they were nothing like the facilities at Bristol. Kyra decided she had to head back to her apartment but she told Cameryn she would message her later.

After saying goodbye, Cameryn and Leah headed to the kit room for Cam to grab her new jersey. As they walked in Cameryn saw the jersey on the wall, L. May 17. "It's perfect," she said as she walked over to take it off the wall.

"17?" asked Leah, "what happened to 90?"

"Well, nine and what makes 17?" Cam asked firing back with a question.

"Eight?" queried Leah, "Oh, your England debut number, that's smart".

"No Leah, it's your Euro number. You are so important to me, you made me believe in my dream again, so I wanted to honour you on my jersey too."

Leah swooped in taking Cameryn by the waist and swirling her around the same way she did when they first reunited. "You are phenomenal love, I can't wait to see where this journey takes you, you're going to do amazing here and anywhere else that you go."

"Thanks, Le," Cameryn threw the shirt over her head and turned around for Leah to take a proper look. "What do you think?"

"Beyond perfect."