Chapter 6 - Team Day Out

"Hey, does anyone want to go shopping this afternoon?" asked Ella to the entire room at breakfast. Nearly everyone put their hand up, but many of them had different ideas of what shopping means, and what shopping with Tooney means. Leah was one of the ones to raise her hand which quickly prompted Cameryn to do the same. 

"You hate shopping," whispered Cam.

"But I love my team," responded Leah, "So you're coming with me then?"

"You bet Le."

The girls ran up to their rooms to change after breakfast. Cameryn threw on the single pair of jeans she packed and began digging through her bag for a shirt.

"What are you looking for?" asked Leah.

"Well, apparently I didn't pack any shirts. I have one pair of jeans, like two hoodies that aren't Lionesses ones, but not a single t-shirt that isn't my pyjama shirt."

"Here have one of mine." Leah chucked a white t-shirt across the room.

"Thanks," Cam said as she slipped it over her head. "I can't believe I didn't bring any normal t-shirts, what was I thinking?"

"Well clearly not much, but this is your first England camp, you're allowed to forget things," Leah fired back. "Let's head out okay."

Cameryn layered a dark green hoodie and black puffer jacket over the top of Leah's shirt, grabbing a black crossbody bag as she headed towards the door. Leah was dressed in beige cargo pants, a fitted white tank, and a black puffer jacket. Not to mention the white Nike airforces on her feet.

"You ready?" asked Leah as they headed down to meet the group. There were several cars between the girls as a large number of them lived near to camp. 

"Yeah, can I drive though?" questioned Cameryn.

Leah nodded and they made their way over to Cameryn's car. The dual cab had been sitting unused in the car park for the past week, resulting in it taking a few goes to start. Leah giggled at Cameryn's attempt to get her car going again after the dormant week it had had.

The engine finally started and Leah was given a massive side-eye, "quit giggling at me". 

The entire group finally met up at the shopping centre, only missing a few of the teammates. "Where to first?" asked Ella.

"Why don't we split up depending on where we want to go, or what we want to do?" suggested Lucy. The group agreed and the girls started to scatter away from the group.

Leah and Cameryn found themselves hanging with Alessia and Ella, visiting different stores one after another. Ella and Alessia set out to try on as many different articles of clothing as they could while Leah and Cameryn judged each and every item. There were dresses and shirts, shorts and pants, everything under the sun, and they tried on piece after piece. 

"Do you guys not get bored of this?" asked Leah.

"I do," replied Alessia.

She was quickly contradicted by Ella, "but I don't".

"Cam and I are going to get something to eat while you two finish up here," said Leah as the pair left the changing room.

"Oh my gosh, finally a break from the insanity that is Tooney and Lessi trying on clothes," responded Cameryn.

"Come on, let's go find some food." Leah and Cameryn made their way through the shopping centre trying to find something that would appeal to both of them. Every place that Leah pointed out, Cameryn would call 'too plain or too basic', and every place Cameryn pointed out, Leah would call 'too fancy or too strange'. They settled on sandwiches so they could pick and choose what they wanted so Leah could have it as plain as she desired and Cameryn's could be as extravagant as possible.