Chapter 4 - The New Squad

Cameryn nodded in agreement, "I'm holding you to that," and they began to head out of the room. The trip to the common room wasn't long, it required an elevator ride and a brief walk across the lobby. The pair then stopped outside the double doors before Leah pushed them open making their entrance much more grand than Cameryn anticipated.

"Look who's here girls!" screamed Leah as they walked into the room. Everyone's gaze was suddenly drawn over to the girls causing Cameryn to cower behind Leah's shoulder. "Oh come on you, they won't bite. Well, G might but she hasn't in a while."

All but Georgia started to laugh making Cameryn feel more comfortable in her new environment. The pair joined the rest of the group on the couches and everyone decided to ask Cameryn some questions about herself. She was hesitant to begin but after Leah nodded towards her she began to let her guard down and answer some.

"So how long have you been playing football?" asked Keira wanting to get to know the basics before anything deep.

"Well, I went to my first football game at four years old - my dad was a massive football fan. I started playing at five, and made my professional debut at 17." The group nodded along and shared curious looks with one another. Cameryn looked towards the door as she heard footsteps outside the door, simultaneously Leah gestured towards the group to not ask about her father. She knew Cameryn was already stressed about meeting the team and didn't want their questions to make it any scarier. The footsteps retreated away and Cameryn returned her attention to the group.

"So, any fun facts about yourself?" asked Lucy, "I feel like nobody wants to share any details about their personal life anymore, so maybe we'll start early with you."

"Umm, no not really. I'm currently floating around the transfer market, but that's about it. My contract at Bristol expired so I no longer have a team. Oh, and I also play guitar." Cameryn smiled content with her answer.

"Damn, I didn't know you played guitar," responded Leah, "that's pretty cool."

"Well, any offers from new club teams?" asked Alessia finally deciding to join the conversation.

"A few I guess. Nothing that's really 'piqued my interest' as one of my friends at home says. I'm just waiting to see if anything else roles in."

"Well we'd be lucky to have you at Arsenal," spoke Alessia, "we've seen your game tapes and stats, you'd be an amazing addition to the midfield with Lia Walti, Vic Pelova and even our new signing Kyra Cooney-Cross."

Cameryn didn't respond at that point not wanting to have to cover her resentment towards Arsenal. Instead, Leah placed an arm around her shoulders and pulled her to her side. "I don't think Arsenal is the place for May. In the nicest way possible," Leah said trying not to appear too harsh to the outside perspective.

Cameryn nodded whilst leaning further into Leah's side. "What was up with the new nickname?" she wondered to herself. Mary and Ella shared a glance between the pair wondering what was with the sudden sharing of affection. Ella brushed it off as a friendship and decided to ask Cameryn another question, "Summer or Winter?"

"Summer," responded Cameryn.

"Cats or dogs?"

"Dogs, I have one named Archie."

"Dresses or Suits?"

"Suits."

"Guys or girls?"

Cameryn stuttered as she attempted to form an answer, "Umm, uhh, gi-, gu-, both," she settled on. "I don't tend to care about gender, just that they're a nice person."

"So are you single, or...?" Mary asked to follow up Ella's series of questions.

"Single."

The girls murmured a response between themselves and then Mary and Ella asked at the same time, "What's your type?" Keira, Lucy and Alessia all looked shocked at the fact Mary and Ella asked such an out their question during their first meeting, but Georgia found it hilarious and joined in on the gang up on Cameryn scheme.