Chapter 18 - The Arsenal Girls

"Leah!" Cameryn yelled as she ran across the landing between their bedrooms storming into the blonde's bedroom. "I have nothing to wear," she said as she ripped open the doors to Leah's wardrobe rummaging around to find something.

"You could just ask to borrow something?" replied the blonde as she pulled the younger girl away from her wardrobe. "Let me pick something out for you," she said as she started rummaging around through layers of clothing. Leah grabbed a pair of beige, fitted cargo pants and a grey hoodie. 

"Do you need shoes too?"  asked Leah.

"Well if you're offering-"

"Out."

"Fine," sighed Cameryn as she turned with her newly claimed clothes prancing back to her bedroom. Leah had messaged the entire Arsenal team so the pair had to prepare to have many people in their house, snacks and alcohol had been laid out in the kitchen, and the rest of the house had been cleaned.

The first to arrive were Viv and Beth, with Katie and Caitlin. Everyone wished Cameryn a happy birthday, some bringing presents although they were told not to. Leah was still in the house rushing around trying to put out the finishing touches, but as she saw her friends begin to traipse in, her panic resolved. 

As the rest of the group trickled in, the living room grew more and more crowded. The party had begun to liven up as some of the 'party girls' arrived. Beth had begun drinking as soon as she walked through the door and some of the others had joined in as they arrived. 

The last person to arrive was Kyra, as she stepped into the room Cameryn immediately spotted her, but something felt off. Cam waved but Kyra only gave a shrugged smile. Without speaking Cam walked over taking Kyra by the hand and leading her upstairs.

"Can we talk?" asked Cameryn as they reached her bedroom door.

"Please," Kyra replied indicating it was necessary.

"I feel like something is off," Cameryn began, "I feel like we haven't been as 'involved' for lack of a better word since the beach".

Kyra nodded in agreement, "I get what you mean, could it have been a heat of the moment kind of thing?" she asked.

It was Cameryn's turn to nod, holding the heavy silence that hung in the air. She reached out her arms to hug Kyra which the older brunette happily accepted, "Happy birthday Cameryn, I just want you to be happy, and I don't think that's with me. However, there's a blonde downstairs who I think might be perfect for you".

"We're still friends, right?" asked Cameryn as she released herself from Kyra's grasp.

"Yes of course," replied Kyra smiling, "Now go enjoy your party".

The girls headed back down the stairs to hear loud music rushing through the house, Leah had noticed them disappear so was waiting at the base of the stairs. Kyra headed back in leaving Cameryn to explain the situation. 

"We decided it was just a moment, we're not each other's one," clarified Cam.

"Are you okay?" Leah asked as she stepped closer placing one hand on Cameryn's hip and using the other to move the stray hair out of the brunette's face.

"Yeah," replied Cam, "I had a feeling it would be the case." Cameryn leaned in to hug Leah throwing her arms over the blonde's shoulders which was happily accepted.

"Do you want to get back to the party?" asked Leah as she held Cameryn in tight.

"Yeah let's do it, I need a drink."

Leah led Cameryn into the kitchen grabbing them both a vodka coke before heading into to join the rest of the girls. Somehow the room had calmed down a bit and everyone had settled into more relaxing locations. There were girls outside sitting and chatting, some inside on the couch, and some had already left.