Chapter 19 - My Girl

The sun peeked through the half-open curtains, apparently, no one had thought to shut it last night. Cameryn's eyes squinted open as the rays fell on her face, she was entirely tucked under the blankets with her arms wrapped around someone's waist. As she finally adjusted to the bright light she saw the familiar blonde wide awake glancing towards her.

"What are you looking at?" asked Cameryn as her eyes threatened to shut.

"Nothing," Leah replied.

"I'm not nothing," she argued but her voice didn't make the argument sound very convincing.

"Come here," Leah said as she patted the bed for Cam to sit up next to her.

The brunette obliged pulling herself out from underneath the covers and up to sit next to Leah. She was snuggled in close holding the edge of Leah's shirt like she always did when she was nervous. Cam turned her head tucking her eyes into Leah's neck to hide from the bright lights, way too bright for this early in the morning.

"What are you stressed about?" asked Leah as she studied the fiddling fingers that played with her shirt.

"I'm fine. Quick question though, how did I end up in your bed?" asked Cam.

"I carried you up here, you were fast asleep," replied Leah.

"Oh okay," replied Cameryn before shutting her eyes and nearly falling asleep again.

"Do you want to talk about what happened last night?" asked Leah.

"The kiss?" questioned Cameryn which caused Leah to nod, "Umm I mean yeah eventually but I just want to sleep right now".

Leah continued to nod and pulled Cameryn to sit on her lap facing her. Cameryn took this as her opportunity to sleep again by planting her face back into Leah's neck.

"Cam look at me," pleaded Leah but Cameryn ignored her.

"Just hold me and let me sleep please," replied Cameryn which Leah agreed to. She wrapped her arms right around Cam's waist holding the younger girl in tight as she drifted off to sleep.

Leah could feel Cam's gentle breaths on the back of her neck making her shiver. She proceeded to slide her hand underneath the edge of Cam's shirt resting it on the brunette's hip and moving her thumb back and forth, but the sleeping girl quickly brushed Leah's hand off of her placing it back on top of her shirt.

Leah didn't question it just left her hand resting where it was placed. Time passed and Leah was still wide awake while the younger girl slept on her lap, she held her tight attempting to sleep herself but her efforts yielded no result.

Eventually, she decided she'd had enough and woke Cam up gently kissing her face, "good morning my girl," she said as she placed a final kiss on the girl's cheek.

"It's still so early," Cam mumbled.

"Cam, it's legit 10 am, we need to get up."

"Can we talk first?" asked the brunette lifting herself off Leah's chest to make eye contact with her. She took Leah's hands and placed them on her hips before taking a breath and gripping the edge of the blonde's shirt for comfort.

"What's wrong Cam?" asked Leah.

"Can we take this slow?" Cameryn asked avoiding eye contact.

"Yes of course," Leah replied placing her thumb under Cameryn's shirt again to caress her hip. Cam flinched and pushed Leah's hand off her, she quickly jumped off Leah and headed out the door and into her own room.

"Cameryn!" Leah called after her but there was no response.

Leah jumped up, threw a hoodie on and walked across the landing to the closed door to Cameryn's bedroom where she carefully knocked three times. There was no response so she tried again but once again nothing.