Chapter 13 - The End of Camp

The final day of camp had arrived, the girls flew back to England a couple of days after the Australia game, and now Leah and Cameryn were up early packing their bags trying to sort between everything that had found its way to the floor.

"Not all of this can be mine," spoke Leah as she picked up item after item placing it into her bag.

"Well you are the messy one, so that would make sense," replied Cameryn as she picked up some of Leah's clothes and placed them into her own bag.

"Oi, can you quit stealing my clothes?" Leah fired back as she noticed that some of her shirts and hoodies were missing.

"You'll get them back when I see you in a few days," said Cameryn as she zipped up her bag with the extra articles of clothing. 

"Why don't you just come with me back to Arsenal today?" asked Leah hopeful.

"I need to see my mum, I'm a 19-year-old who just left home for the longest time yet and has barely contacted her mother the whole time. I need to go see her but I'm legit heading back across in three days to join Arsenal and sign my contract."

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" 

"So many questions, oh my gosh, and yeah I'm staying in one of the Arsenal flats."

"Ugh, stay at mine," responded Leah slightly disgusted at the fact Cameryn had the game to stay in a flat instead of at her house.

"Haha, sure if you insist," Cameryn fired back whilst grabbing her bag off the end of the bed and making her way to the door.

"No need to rush me, Cam," Leah spoke as she grabbed her bag too. A bunch of the girls were waiting in the foyer to hear the final messages of the camp and to say goodbye to everyone. Leah and Cameryn walked in and immediately walked over to Lucy and Keira who were standing with Georgia, Ella, Alessia and Mary. 

"Thank you for making this camp so memorable guys," Cameryn said as she hugged each other of the girls. "I hope I get to do another one sometime soon." The girls all said words of thanks and appreciation, guaranteeing they would keep in contact.

Sarina soon arrived announcing the dates for the next England camp before saying farewell and thanking the girls for their efforts across the camp. As soon as the goodbyes were done, Leah and Cameryn darted out to their cars, some girls had cabs waiting to take them to the airport, but Leah and Cam were driving home.

"Text me when you get home?" asked Leah.

"Of course, I'll see you in three days," responded Cameryn as she hugged Leah tightly over the shoulders. Leah turned and placed a kiss on Cam's cheek before saying her final goodbye and climbing into her car.

Cameryn did the same and the silence of the dual cab absorbed her. It was peaceful, a completely different environment from the constantly bustling surroundings of the camp and basically any room within the hotel of England girls.

The drive back to Bristol took nearly three hours with the amount of traffic built up, but eventually, Cameryn found herself pulling into the familiar pebbled driveway. An expected Toyota Carolla was parked in the driveway too, belonging to a close friend.

Cameryn unpacked her bags from the truck rolling them up to the front door, where she fumbled her key as she attempted to open the door. Before she could properly insert the key, the door flung open and her brother stood in the doorway with open arms.

"Come here Cami," he said as he pulled his twin sister into his grasp, "I'm so proud of you." Cameryn's eyes started to tear up, but surprisingly, the audible crying was coming from her brother. She giggled to herself before finally consoling him.