Chapter 2 - Far From Home

Chapter 2

Sitting on the counter with a small notepad in your lap you wondered how the hell you had agreed to do this.

A bunch of soldiers entered, and you were okay with that. But after the way they reacted to you, you couldn't wait for the damn day to end. Then you wouldn't have to deal with drunk, tired soldiers who most likely haven't seen someone of the opposite gender in centuries.

It wasn't like you were wearing a dress or anything, though. Just a pair of jeans and a collared button shirt that was open to reveal your black tank top underneath. You were definitely not prancing around in a maid uniform.

It was getting late, this should end soon.

A blonde takes a seat on the stool to your left, he makes a motion as if trying to order but you were too busy trying to not fall asleep. You hadn't gotten enough sleep. You must have pulled an all-nighter and had conked out at about seven today. Three hours of sleep and you had to work.

"Excuse me, Miss."

"Shut the hell up." You growl under your breath in perfect English, the male gives you a puzzled look and you mentally slap yourself awake. Taking a good look at him, you notice his baby blue eyes. You tilt your head quizzically; you've seen this person's face before.

"Are you-" He starts to speak but you cut him off.

"Good afternoon," you say quickly changing back to German. You were lucky you hadn't said those words any louder. "What can I get for you today Sir?" You ask flashing him a small smile.

"The house beer would be fine."

"Sure," you mutter, flipping over the counter you automatically reach up for the beer. Your boss had said not to worry about anything but giving the customers what they wanted. Of course, your boss decided to put the house special at the top of the shelf at the back. It was most likely a perfect height for him, but it was definitely not going to be easy for you.

Clearing out a little runway you set your pad next to the blonde man. Picking up a chilled glass you set that next to him too.

"Hold on one sec," you mutter under your breath. Taking a few step backs, you hear someone muttering about how you were being reckless. Running forward, you jump perfectly onto the space you had cleared before lunging straight up. Your hand wraps around the bottle you wanted without disturbing the others. Landing lightly on the back counter you used the momentum to jump the gap landing perfectly with your legs crossed next to the blonde German.

"Here." You hand him the bottle before jumping down, setting the bottle opener you always kept in your pocket next to him. Picking up your pad you felt the man's eyes on your back. You turn, and his eyes lock with yours. Turning your head away quickly, you almost bump into your boss.

"Y/N, what are you doing putting on a show?" He asks, a small smile on his face. You huff in response.

"You really need to bring down the house specials. I can't reach them."

"Well, it looks like you managed to find away. Surprising the troops like that." You turn around to see almost all the men gazing at you. The blonde you had helped was purposely avoiding your gaze. An albino was smiling at you from the stool next to the blonde. You blink not realizing everyone else was paying so much attention.

A light blush tints your cheeks.

"I didn't mean to cause a commotion," you grumble. This was as close as you were going to get to an apology.