Chapter 10 - Pressing Restart

Chapter 10

Ludwig came back today, it was Thursday the seventeenth, a week from Christmas Eve, and he was okay.

He was okay, he was okay, he was okay.

You held back your desire to scream and cry, you didn't deserve it considering what you were doing when he had gotten injured.

He was having problems remembering who you were when he saw you for the first time. But a day had done it and he was normal again...

Normal being he sat in his room all day doing whatever those maps and papers meant.

Their Father on the other hand was in the hospital in a coma.

He was going to die, not like the doctors had said anything (they actually said there was a chance, please). And even though he had been your boss for almost a year, you were shocked by how little you cared.

Both you mother and father had died when you were younger, around the time you were seven. Your brothers and you had kept it a secret that you were orphans making it hard to have friends in school.

But then when they had turned eighteen, you were free to have the rest of your life to live it as a normal child.

But it was already too late. Your brothers were all you needed and you didn't care about any of the people at school.

Of course you've made friends with some of the other personifications, such as Arthur Kirkland...and to be honest that was really it. Russia's personification was creepy and Arthur kept you away from France... Though he wasn't such a bad guy, Arthur would just get jealous.

You laugh to yourself, you weren't that dense

And then there was China, but he didn't exactly approve of the Western Nations and their strange ways.

There was a quiet knock on your door as you looked up from your computer.

"Come in." You yell. Gilbert walks in wearing a suit. You raise a brow at his attire, he only rolls his eyes.

"I have a favor to ask."

"Ask away." You reply, going back to reading online.

"I need to take care of some family business; if Ludwig comes back from training I want you to make sure he eats something."

"Yeah, sure, see ya."

Gilbert's eyes narrow at my bored, flat tone. You shrug it off and look away. You were getting clumsy, yeah. Whatever.

"I won't be back until very late, bye Y/N."

"Bye." You said scrolling down on the story. Before you knew it Gilbert was gone and you can hear Ludwig cussing out in the hallway. Standing up, you open the door seeing him fumble with the keys and then drop them.

"You shouldn't be overexerting yourself." You snap, snatching the keys up from the ground before he could pick them up himself.

"I'm fine Y/N." He snaps, taking his key back. You snatch them and wave them tauntingly in front of his face.

"No you're not; you can't even open the door. Ludwig, you're scaring me. Seriously."

"I'm fine Y/N!" He roared, making a snatch for the keys. You pull away and end up tipping over the stairs.