Chapter 12 - The Sinking Ship

Chapter 12

"Bloody Americans, bloody Americans, bloody Americans." You bounce up and down on the bed in the room you were sharing with three other people. Your parents had the connecting room and were currently going for a parent's lunch out at the restaurant at the end of the ship. Or stern.

"Damn you Arthur, now she's mimicking you!" Alfred shouts from the large arm chair across from the also large flatscreen TV screen.

"At least she has some sense of taste that you obviously lack. Isn't that right Y/N?' Arthur cooed towards the seven year old you.

You smile at him, giving him a thumbs up.

Arthur nods.

"I can't believe Mom and Dad took you in." Alfred grumbles turning the TV off.

' I'm not a stranger/No I am yours'

"I can't believe I'm related to you." Arthur replied, giving you a wink with his emerald green eyes. You reach up trying to touch his bushy eyebrows.

"Caterpillars, caterpillars!" You shout with joy trying to touch them, Alfred burst out into his obnoxious laughter at this.

Arthur's brows twitched at that, his wild blonde hair getting in the way of his death stare towards Alfred.

You were the neutral party.

'With crippled anger/And tears that still drip sore'

"Where's Canada?" You whisper turning around in circles.

"Who?" Alfred goes obnoxiously.

"I'm right here!" Matthew shouts in his quiet way, Arthur rolls his eyes.

"I can't believe they let you become personifications." Arthur muttered, massaging his temple.

"Me neither bro, but I'm still the hero!"

"Obnoxious as ever." Arthur sighs handing you to Matthew so he could go over and argue with Alfred.

"Thanks for noticing me sis." Matthew whispers, you nod happily.

"Oh, dude, Sir Bushy Brows is here!"

"You bloody American!"

"I'm happy Arthur joined our family though he's usually away doing work. He's four years older than Alfred and I and is our cousin. But he's already part of the family."

'A fragile frame aged/With misery'

Suddenly a loud blaring sound races across your room. Alfred, Matthew, and Arthur all look up suddenly.

"This is an emergency evacuation. I repeat. This is an emergency evacuation." A voice blares across the loudspeakers.

"Grab the emergency life jackets." Arthur orders, Alfred complies without a fight.

You look around the room, your childish brain trying to figure out what is going on.

"Matthew, open the door, I'll take care of Y/N." Matthew nods as America comes back out with life jackets.

"Dude, I could only find adult sizes."

"We'll have to take the risk that Y/N doesn't fall out." Arthur replies sliding the orange vest onto you, you could easily slip out if you wanted to but Arthur tells you to hold tightly onto the vest.