Chapter 3 - Two Different Sets of Brothers

Chapter 3

You remembered to set you alarm last night, luckily. You sit up, knocking the annoying thing across the room. The silent clock hit the wall before hitting the ground, uninjured. You swore that it was literally unbreakable.

Getting up you change into a sleeveless shirt and a pair of army shorts. Slipping your phone into your pocket, you exit your apartment. In your haste to get down to the bar to help set up you miss a step. Extending your arms you prepare yourself to roll the rest of the way down.

Instead, you land in a pair of sturdy arms. You know. The cliché way.

"Sorry," you blurt out, stepping back only for your foot to catch the step behinds you. This time, however, you land on your butt.

Looking up you see a blushing Ludwig, tilting you head to your side you give him a quizzical look. Pulling his gloved hand down his face slowly, the blush disappears.

"I'm sorry that I didn't see you."

"Yeah," you agree, "I'm also sorry about last night. I didn't mean to freak anyone out."

"I guess that was fine too."

"Anyway, I have to work today-" You finally managed to get a glimpse behind Ludwig only to realize that the entire bar was already set up. Okay, so you didn't need to work.

"Does this mean I get to sleep?" you mumble to yourself.

"Hey, West, Y/N." You turn to see Gilbert behind you. Okay. You had no idea what was going on.

"Father said that you wouldn't have to work today, Y/N, and the other two unawesome workers were going to take your shift," he said, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. You stiffen.

"Want to hang with the awesome us for the day?"

You must have looked like a scared mouse finally caught by the two cats, but even if you did the brothers didn't recognize that they noticed. You clear your throat, wondering what the harm could be as you try to make yourself look taller.

"Sure?" you ask, not really answering Gilbert's question. Alfred had told you the night before that you needed to get closer to the brothers. This wasn't exactly what you were expecting to happen.

"Then we're headed to the village. Ludwig and I haven't been there in years."

"Yay," you cheer half-heartedly. More village was not something you wanted. Gilbert gave you a pinch on the cheek, something you didn't expect. Flinching away from him, you bump into Ludwig being that the stairway was really narrow.

"Why don't we get out of the-" you grumble, stuck between the two.

Ludwig turns, exiting into the storage area. You give a small sigh of relief, exiting after him.

"Thanks," you whisper to him as Gilbert exits after you. Walking together, you enter the main part of the bar.

Mr. Beilschmidt waves to you behind the counter. You have a feeling like he had set this up.

"Let's go," Ludwig says gruffly behind you, giving you a small nudge. You see Mr. Beilschmidt give you a small wink as you exit the bar. You should have known better. You should have just smashed the alarm clock and rolled over.

"So, West, what do you want to do?" Gilbert asks his brother. You feel like you're slowly starting to shrink.

"Why don't you ask Y/N? You're the one who dragged her out with us.