Chapter 13 - A Kiss and a Candle

Chapter 13

You awaken with a strange pressure on your mouth.

Opening your eyes in shock, you push whatever it was away from you, immediately coughing out water.

"Y/N." You look up to see Ludwig staring at you.

"What"-cough- "happened?"

"Your alive. Your alive."

He wraps his arms and pulls you into him and plants his lips against yours. You tense up realizing that was what had happened. Ludwig had kissed you, and now he was doing it again.

What do I do? What do I do?

You feel him starting to pull away as your brain kicks into it's focus mode.

KISS HIM BACK YOU IDIOT!

Wrapping your fingers in his wet hair you pull him closer. He pauses having expected reluctance and pulls away, you wrap your arms around his waist and pull him into a hug.

"Thank you for saving me again." You mutter quietly into his ear.

He doesn't say anything this time though and shoves you off of him. You stare at him blankly wondering what just happened to him.

"There an ambulance, they're going to take us to the hospital." He said offering you a hand; he doesn't make eye contact with you however and walks ahead so you wouldn't be walking shoulder to shoulder.

Narrowing your eyes you follow him over to the vehicle. Emergency staff asks you if you're okay and perform some tests. They say you're fine but you're not paying much attention to that. You're paying more attention to Ludwig. Wrapping a blanket around you, the staff leaves you two in the back.

He doesn't look at you, so you get up and grab his arm.

"Hey... That was nice." You murmured not really knowing what to say.

"I almost killed you." He responded not even looking you in the eye.

"No you didn't, it's okay, and I'm not dead."

"But what if-"

"HEY!" You yell, trying to keep yourself from slapping him. He gives you a shocked look.

"You don't do 'what if's'. I'm alive right now, you're alive right now. That's all that matters." You mumble pretty weakly.

Ludwig opens his arm slightly as if asking for a hug and you gladly give it to him. Curling into a small ball in his arms, you listen to the beating of his heart as the ambulance starts on its way back to the hospital.

His arms tighten around you and a smile dance on your lips.

"What's wrong?" You ask him quietly, he sits there as if about to say something but decides against it.

"Let's decorate the Christmas tree when we get back, alright?" You say giving his chest a playful poke. Ludwig looks away from you as someone comes in to tell us we can leave.

Getting up, you both walk quietly into the hospital. Gilbert is in the Lobby, it looks like he's about to burst into interrogation mode but one look from Ludwig silences him.

"He's on the fourth floor... but your too late."

"Gilbert, I'm going to see him."