Chapter 4 - Swirling Feelings

Chapter 4

You wake up with a jolt. Your eyes immediately connecting with baby blue ones. Your lips almost connect too, but your reflex kicks in and Ludwig lands with a crash on top of you. His face landing in the space above your right shoulder. Your fingers were wrapped in the front of his shirt.

Your face starts to burn considerably, especially since you were lying down in your bed. Now all you needed was for someone to walk in. Oh god. Please, someone, spare you that embarrassment.

"Uh, Y/N."

"Ahhhh..." You both move away from each other automatically. He's standing up now and you're curled on the bed. Much to your surprise, Ludwig is about as red as you.

"I must have fallen asleep..." you say with a small chuckle, Ludwig's blush looked like it was getting worse. Yours was starting to fade but if anything else like that happen it was going to get worse. Like you eldest brother when you got really embarrassed your entire face to the tips of your ears turn red. Right now you were trying to lighten the mood, it wasn't working.

"Sorry?" Ludwig looks like he managed to calm down a bit to respond. But then the door decides to swing open revealing none other than Gilbert.

"What the hell-" His eyes take in the two of you. It wasn't what he was expecting. And you had a feeling like you really didn't want to know what he was expecting. But whatever he saw was enough for him to immediately launch into teasing Ludwig.

"Oh, West what is this? Finally manning up like a real German?" That wasn't helping Ludwig at all, his face got a bit darker as he shot you a sorry look out of the corner of his eyes. He didn't mean to accidentally land on you, you knew that.

"Brother, can you leave me alone?"

"Y/N-," Gilbert says, whirling around as if about to start questioning you. Ludwig took a handful of his brother's shirt, dragging him across your room. He paused in the doorway giving you an embarrassed look.

"Sorry," he grumbles, he exits and you hear the door to your apartment shutting soon after. Laying down you start to hear Gilbert questioning his brother to death. Pulling a pillow over your head you tried to tune them out before stopping.

You fell asleep with the sound of the bickering brothers ringing in your ears and a small smile on your face. This wasn't that bad.

.

.

.

You had your headphones on with your laptop in your lap; the bar was awfully slow today. A girl who also worked at the bar was doing most of the work. You were just trying to find a site that played songs in ENGLISH.

...Even though you had a playlist of downloads.

It's been a little more than a week since you met the German brothers; you had hit it off amazingly well. But you were nowhere close to doing the mission assigned to you. If you didn't know better you would say you were delaying it on purpose.

The song from your dream pops up and you decide to listen to it. Opening another tag, you log into your account on a blog where spies share rumors for a certain spy to confirm in the form of popular references.

Turns out rumors of another battle up near North Sea...oh, German espionage got wind of how the first one was a decoy? Russian and Chinese forces nearing from the East. But that was mostly it.

Ugh. Nothing about another planned victory...

Not like anyone would post something like that on here. Closing the tag, you hear another song come on. Closing your eyes the world melts away and the image of you sitting at home at your desk listening to music and watching the hands on your UFO clock tick by...