Raccoon Thirteen

(Still working on Crow but this one keeps sneaking in between XD) 

"All set?" King asked as he turned at hearing Baron's footsteps approaching from the hallway. 

The man appeared a few minutes later, but King immediately knew that something wasn't quite right. 

Rexy... you brat. 

Walking over to the clearly uncomfortable man, King gently took his hand and led him back into the warm bathroom. He could have told him that he'd already warned him about Rexy bossing him around, but the guy clearly didn't need to be poked at. Thus, he simply had him sit down on the closed toilet seat and grabbed a clean, soft towel. 

"He really likes it when my hair is wet," Baron said after a minute of awkward silence. 

His words had King smiling as he continued to work on drying the guy's surprisingly thick, soft hair. 

"He does, but there's a time and place for everything, and I'm not letting you go out with wet hair with how cold it is outside," King said firmly but gently. 

His tone drew the man's attention as he looked up at him, then, thankfully, returned his smile with a cautious one of his own. 

"You're very sweet." 

King's hands paused abruptly as the towel stilled in Baron's hair. 

I-I... 

He was going to argue that he wasn't really sweet to most people, but then bit his tongue. Saying that he was only sweet to Baron wouldn't help their delicate situation. 

Instead, he thought for a moment, then gave him a toothy grin as he abruptly mussed up his hair enough to make the man quickly but carefully swat at the towel!

King gave out a playful laugh as he jumped back just in time to avoid getting swatted, himself, though his actions still earned him a much deserved look through Baron's now-messy bangs. 

I wish I could take a picture of him right now... 

That thought distracted him just long enough for Baron to score the upper hand and, before King could do a single thing about it, he was lifted up like a three year old and nearly smacked his head on the ceiling before Baron settled him in his arms. 

I'm going to die. 

His heart was beating so fast!

He was so preoccupied with his thoughts again that he didn't even realize that he was being carried until he was unceremoniously dropped onto the sofa with a surprised squeak! 

His hands immediately moved to cover his burning face as he heard Baron laughing so loud that his ribs were likely to hurt very soon if he didn't calm down. 

While he was embarrassed from constantly being distracted, King couldn't help but move the fingers covering his right eye just enough to allow him to peek at the other man. 

As he'd expected, Baron was nearly doubled over, holding his belly as he began to calm his laughter a bit. 

I... made him laugh like that? 

No longer minding his embarrassment much, King slowly pushed himself up, then leaned against the arm of the chair and rested his head against his hand. 

He waited patiently with an intrigued look on his face until Baron was finally able to straighten and wipe the tears from his eyes. That's when the man noticed him watching and gave him the cutest smile. 

"Sorry, are you okay? I got a little carried away. I'm not used to my raccoon being able to control me so easily." 

Ah, that actually makes sense now.