Raccoon Twenty

Nuzzling into his soft pillow, King gave a content sigh and stretched his legs, his toes nearly reaching the other end of the couch. He hadn't slept so well in a very long time, so he was hesitant to wake up just yet. 

His stomach, on the other hand, couldn't ignore what his nose was smelling, making him sniff once, then twice, as it sent the information it was receiving to a sleepy brain for processing. 

Pancakes...

And eggs, and something else. 

Tugging the blanket higher, he snuggled into it, then inhaled again. 

Baron's scent immediately entered his nose, rousing his mind further as it mixed with the scent of breakfast cooking. 

I like it...

That short sentence, the same one that he'd thought several times the previous night, sprang to mind again as a smile slid onto his lips. 

He moved his body a little here and there, an arm reaching forward, a leg inching backwards. Of course, there would be no Baron, because he was the only person who would be at his home cooking the breakfast he was smelling, but his mind hadn't caught up to that fact just yet. 

Baron...

About a minute later he finally realized that the man had gotten up. King stretched a little more, then slowly opened his eyes. Normally, he'd reach for his phone to check his gaming profile and social media stuff, but for once, he completely ignored it and pushed himself up. 

His eyes immediately went toward the kitchen, and after a few blinks and a yawn, Baron's blurry image came into view. The man's back was to him as he worked over the stove, allowing him to look to his heart's desire... which was beating quite quickly for having just woken up. 

Baron worked for a few more moments before setting his pan aside, then putting down his spatula and turning around with a knowing smile on his handsome face. 

The man's eyes stayed on him as he walked over, making King's sleepy mind realize that he was completely shirtless. He looked away quickly, but then slowly allowed his eyes to return to the person now standing right in front of him. 

His heart in his throat, King tried to speak, but wasn't able to get any sound past the lump. He tried to swallow it down twice, but he couldn't manage the task. 

"Good morning, love," Baron finally said quietly as he slid onto the arm of the couch. 

King leaned back just enough to give the man room, but he immediately wanted to lean closer again. Baron seemed to understand, because he slowly scooted closer until he was able to slide down onto the couch cushion. 

The moment he was situated King slid into his lap, straddling his legs before Baron's arms slid around his waist and pressed him close. 

"I made pancakes and eggs. There are also a few fried fish for your baby," Baron said, making Rexy perk up in his mind, startling King enough to make him lean back. 

Baron loosened his arms so that he could move freely, but still kept them gently clasped behind King's back so that he wouldn't fall. 

"Rexy... is back?" he asked, though it wasn't really a question. 

His otter stood on its hind legs behind his eyes, eager for the fried fish it had heard were part of breakfast. 

"Yes, sweetheart. Our animals switched back," Baron said as he gently brushed a length of King's bangs behind his ear. 

"I suppose they can switch when we're sleeping beside each other," he added, making King blush and nod his agreement. 

He hadn't minded when Baron had borrowed his Rexy, and he definitely hadn't minded babysitting Prince, but he sure was glad to have his other half back now.