Raccoon Twenty-Two

They ended up ordering Chinese delivery, and much to his delight, and Tili's, Prince made an appearance right when he was opening the door for the delivery driver. 

Thankfully, Prince simply walked over and hugged King's pant leg, remaining there like a little toddler until King waddled over to the coffee table and unloaded the big bag of food in his arms. 

They'd picked out a bunch of things Baron knew Tili loved, but evidently wasn't allowed to have since she had to be perfectly shaped for ballet... even though she didn't, but as soon as Prince showed up she was cooing over him like an elderly lady to a newborn baby. 

Pretty soon, Prince was the one being spoiled as he was settled onto the couch and hand-fed bites of crab wontons, bourbon chicken, and just about anything else Tili could get her little hands on. 

King made sure to get a few bites of food into her belly, too, whenever she finished slipping something to Prince, but all in all, he just let her do what she wanted. 

Of course, he watched her the entire time to make sure neither of them got carried away and ate too quickly, but honestly, he should have had someone watching him, too, because the spicy chicken they'd ordered disappeared faster than Prince when he's called to the kitchen for strawberries! 

The soup vanished next, but before he could demolish anything else, he quickly ran to the kitchen and brought back a big tupperware container, then made sure to fill it to the brim with all of the things Baron had wanted. 

Once that was safely stowed away in the fridge, he returned to the couch, only to see a passed-out raccoon on the sofa, belly up with its feet in the air.

I don't think I've ever seen Prince so happy... and thick. 

When he noticed there was now a set of eyes staring at him, King quickly redirected his attention to the little girl standing in front of him, holding a little crab wonton up to him with a toothy grin. 

King leaned over and accepted the food with a smile and a "thank you", then sat down right there on the carpet as he happily crunched away at it. 

Before he knew it Tili was in his lap, feeding him whatever she could manage to grab just like she had with Prince!

He ate as much as he could, but even with his bottomless stomach, he'd run out of room before he could manage the last few bites. 

I think I'm finally experiencing one of those things they call a food coma. 

Internally groaning, he flopped over right there on the floor, his belly nearly bursting as it tried to process the insane amount of food it had been given. 

To his surprise, Tili curled up right against his side, hugging him with her little arms. 

"Mr. King?" 

King turned his head so that he could smile at her. 

"Hmm?" 

When her eyes met his, he paused, surprised to see such emotion in such a young soul. 

"I like your home better. My house with mommy isn't like this." 

Blinking back a wave of sudden tears, King slowly pushed himself up, then lifted Tili into his lap for a snug hug. 

He wanted to tell her that his home was different because it wasn't just a place to live, but a place where people loved you unconditionally, but he knew better than to say such things to such a little girl. 

Instead of speaking his mind, he took a deep, calming breath and began rubbing Tili's back gently. 

"I'm glad that you're comfortable here. You will always be welcome, okay? If you want to come back, just talk to my mom, alright? Ms. Anne will help you."