Raccoon Nineteen

The interview was a lot longer than his normal few minutes since it was his match day, but King didn't mind. He'd needed the distraction to calm his mind down. 

Baron had also gotten a phone call right before the questioning had begun and left the room, giving King some much needed space to regroup his thoughts. 

"Alright, let's look at a few questions from our wonderful followers before we end our interview! Let's see..." 

King skimmed the chat, but things were flying by way too fast for him to catch anything specific. 

"Oh, here's a good one!" the MC said before seemingly reading a comment he'd managed to see. 

"Are you and Prince together? He said he was taken..." 

Of all the questions you could have picked.

King felt his eyebrow twitch. 

"U-um... I'm sorry but I can't answer that question. There are a lot of things going on right now," he said, leaving his response at that even as his mind tossed the question around like a Ping-Pong ball.  

Together...

"Ah, okay! Let's look at a different one then!" the MC said, understanding that the topic was now off limits. 

King answered the next three questions calmly, but on the inside his mind just refused to forget the first one, no matter how many times he told himself that the man was technically still taken until his divorce was processed. 

"That's all we have time for today! Thank you for the amazing match and please let Prince know that we greatly appreciated his participation and hope to see him again soon," the MC said cheerfully as King noticed his email alert flash twice on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. 

Mr. Lawson, who would have guessed. 

Forcing a tired smile, King thanked everyone, then finally signed off the stream and turned off his mic... before slumping back in his chair with an audible sigh and closing his eyes. 

He heard his bedroom door open a few moments later, but he was already beginning to drift off so he didn't bother opening his eyes. 

Baron's footsteps came over to him, but the man seemed to realize that he was resting his eyes, at least, and simply turned his attention to shutting down the computers. Once that was done King figured he'd go relax on the bed or into the other room to maybe make some food or watch TV, but to his surprise, he felt the man's warm hand gently settle atop his hair and pat it gently. 

Then, when he didn't respond, Baron gently removed his headset that he hadn't taken off yet and set it on the desk. 

Okay, now he was going to go relax. 

Except, that didn't happen. He heard the man walk around his room quite a bit, then walk out several times. 

What is he doing? 

King nearly swallowed his own heart when he felt one arm suddenly slip beneath his knees as the other wrapped around his back, bringing with it Baron's clean scent. 

Soon he was being lifted and hugged gently against the man's firm chest. 

He's gained some more weight back. I'm glad, but why pick me up? 

Baron started walking, but to King's surprise, he wasn't settled into his bed a few steps away for a nap, but carried out of the room. 

A few moments later and he was set down on the couch atop what he now knew were blankets the man had taken from his bed. His pillow was even there, too. A third blanket, this one the one they left on the sofa, was settled overtop him, then he heard Baron click the TV on to a low volume before finally walking away again.