Raccoon Fourteen

Ow...

Hmm? 

...it hurts. 

Blinking open one blurry eye, Baron exhaled as he tried to figure out what he was hearing. 

Dad? Dad?! 

At first, his sleepy mind thought that his daughter was calling out to him, but as he woke up more, he realized that the voice in his head definitely wasn't his daughter's. 

After a quick glance around the room he was in, he finished putting the puzzle pieces together and looked down. 

King...

The guy looked like he was having a nightmare. 

Hmm? 

Reaching over and downward toward where the man rested on the floor below him, Baron was just about to touch King's right hand where it was tightly holding his left arm in the hopes of getting him to release it and possibly calm his tumultuous dream, when the man suddenly awoke with a startled gasp! Almost immediately, that gasp turned into a pained groan, making Baron realize that his pain was actually real and not part of his nightmare. 

Quickly scooting off the bed, Baron carefully knelt over King with a leg on either side of his body as he gently began massaging the muscles in his left arm. 

They're really tight. 

It felt like what had happened when his wife had gotten into a bad accident. Thankfully her injuries had fully healed, but...

He doesn't look like he's been in a wreck anytime recently, and he hasn't mentioned anything. 

Either way, he pushed himself to focus completely on what he was doing since one wrong move could make the injury worse. He also felt King try to pull his arm away a few times as he worked, but the man never seemed to really commit to completing the action, making Baron all the more intent to keep working. 

It's going to hurt a little more, but it will feel better soon. 

In fact, he could feel the muscles slowly beginning to relax beneath his hands as time passed, though the amount of effort and pressure it took to continue massaging was beginning to make him sweat. 

He worked for another ten minutes or so before he felt one of King's warm hands gently grasp his wrist. The faint touch broke his concentration and had his hands immediately relaxing as he finally looked toward his face again. 

Aw, babe...

He quickly but carefully lowered the young man's arm back down to the carpeted floor, then moved himself so that he was sitting between King and the bed. 

It was a tight spot, but he hadn't realized he'd been partially sitting on top of him before. 

"King?" he asked as he looked upon that exhausted face covered in tear stains. 

The man had closed his eyes at some point, but there had been no stopping the tears from flowing. 

Rexy...

Baron felt his heart skip in his chest. 

I have your Rexy... your support....

Reaching forward, Baron carefully helped King sit up, then leaned him forward as he moved his own legs to either side, eventually managing to settle him against his chest for a hug. 

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I've got your Rexy with me. He's right here for you," Baron said soothingly as he began running his fingers through King's soft hair.