Raccoon Fifteen

King watched through Prince's eyes as his mom doted on them both. Of course, she might have given Rexy a few more hugs and kisses, but Prince definitely got his fair share of attention, too. 

Besides, King wasn't really one for physical attention anyways, and his mom knew that. He definitely wasn't getting jealous. At least, not in that way...

Prince, please let me shift back, he groaned for the fourth time as his raccoon wandered around his mom's feet as she cooked them something that smelled delicious. 

I wanna hold Baron!

Of course, he knew that it was really Rexy, but still! The guy was beneath the otter, and this was probably his only chance to love on him. 

He didn't even want to hug me earlier...

He had no doubt that he would have been nudged away if the man hadn't been busy focusing on his phone call. 

Inwardly sulking, King waited and watched as their evening played out. His mood wasn't the best at the beginning, but as the day went on, he couldn't help but relax more. 

The crab leg he was crunching on might have had something to do with it, or the little otter that was now leaning against him, working on a clam after having finally been released from his mother's arms. 

As he finished his last bite of crab meat, Prince looked over and noticed Rexy still struggling. 

He hasn't been able to use his left side for so long. It seems like it's a little awkward for him right now. 

Before he could think further on the situation, Prince reached over and took the treat right out of Rexy's paws! 

Prince! Give that back! 

The little brat didn't listen at all, though that was no surprise. He worked away at the shell even as Rexy squeaked his disapproval and swatted at his fuzzy shoulder!

Prince, that's not fair. That was Rexy's...

His raccoon didn't seem to give a fluff as it finally pried the shell apart, then lifted it to its mouth. Except, right before he could bite down, the mollusk mysteriously vanished! 

The confusion Prince felt surged into King's mind as the brat looked around, and then came the indignation as he found where his treat had gone! 

Rexy happily chewed away on his squishy snack, and it was quite clear now what had actually happened. His mom had taken it away and returned it to Rexy... and she was now glaring daggers at Prince, making the raccoon feel a tiny bit nervous. 

"Prince, is that how we share?" she said with her arms crossed over her chest. 

Uh oh, she means business, bud. 

Suddenly feeling a lot more nervous, Prince hunched his shoulders and gave a quiet chatter as he looked away. 

She has a point. You shared so well in the bath tub, but not so well with food, huh? 

It did kind of make sense, though, if he hadn't normally been allowed out. He probably just wanted to finally have all the tasty things he'd missed over the past several years. 

When King felt his mom's hand gently pat Prince's head, the little guy looked up, curious but still nervous. 

"Be good and don't take what isn't yours, okay?" she said gently, making Prince flick an ear, then lick a paw.

 His response seemed to please her well enough, because he was soon handed a warm shrimp from the pot she'd used to make dinner. 

"Good boy."