Raccoon Seventeen

He needed to stream in a few hours. 

They'd stayed up most of the day and night getting Prince's character leveled and through some of the more important missions. King managed to stay up until about three in the morning, but since they'd both been woken up by Baron's nightmare very early the previous morning, he'd eventually run out of stamina.

Stretching out against the sheets, King tried to remember how he'd gotten into bed, cause he knew that he'd fallen asleep in his chair sometime around when Baron's character had gotten to level sixty-eight. 

Hmm? 

Something smelled really good. 

He was just pushing himself up into a sitting position when his phone began to ring, clearing his mind a bit as he reached over to answer it with a gruff "hello?" 

"Ah, sorry if I woke you, King!" 

Huh? 

"Mr. Lawson? It's rare for you to call me directly," he said, wondering why the guy in charge of his contract with Finality was calling him instead of just sending an email like he usually did. 

Hopefully he didn't want to talk about that time Baron had accidentally shifted on camera. 

"We've been notified that you've been playing with a specific character on your time off from streaming yesterday and I just wanted to ask you about it," he said, making King raise an eyebrow as he looked up at the sound of his bedroom door quietly being opened. 

Uh.

His mind blanked as he swallowed down a mouthful of saliva. 

Yum...

Licking his lips, and forcing his eyes away from both Baron and the two large plates of food he was holding, King crossed his legs on his bed and focused on his call. 

"Um, yes, Prince ended up changing to his human form again and we decided to play around a bit on the game for fun," he answered honestly. 

He knew that just playing with a random person would never be an issue, so it was clear that Mr. Lawson was just trying to be courteous and build up to what he wanted to really ask him about. 

"Ah! So it really was him. Okay, well that's good then. I wanted to ask if, instead of matching you up with a teammate for today's stream, how about you bring Prince? Do you think he'd be comfortable playing?" 

How about I not? Just because he played with me a bit doesn't mean he's ready to do person versus person content. Nor does it mean that he wants to. And furthermore, even if he did actually want to, there is no way in hell that I'm going to ask him to be on camera with me! 

Inwardly seething, King scowled at his blankets until he suddenly felt a warm hand settle atop his head, snapping him out of his frustration in an instant as he lifted his eyes up to Baron's. 

The man was leaning over him the slightest bit, a gentle smile on his handsome face. 

"Is everything alright, King?" Mr. Lawson asked. 

Blinking out of his daze, King quickly cleared his throat and replied into the phone.

"Y-yeah, sorry. I got distracted. Um, I don't think it would be a good idea to force him to play on camera," he said, not willing to argue that point. 

He was the streamer and he, himself, was in the contract to do it. There was no mention of Prince or Baron in the writing, so as far as he was concerned, Mr. Lawson had zero control over him.