chapter 2

The man watches him closely, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. He furrows his brow and lowers his voice, saying, "Hmm."

Jimin can't control his emotions and feels like everything is falling apart. He anxiously asks, "Did mom and dad approve of this?"

There's a tense silence for a few seconds.

The man licks his lips and replies, "Isn't it enough if I could have a perfect face?"

Jimin is taken aback, feeling a mix of fear and confusion.

This new voice sounds so refreshing and smooth compared to Taehyung's. The way he pronounces the final syllables sounds both intriguing and pleasant.

Hyung always speaks in a cold and distant tone, so this is completely different.

"You," he chuckles softly, continuing, "Come here and see if Hyung's plastic surgery turned out great?"

Jimin senses that something is wrong.

This time, he hears noises behind him and the sound of approaching footsteps.

Jimin turns around, his heart racing, to see what's happening.

A man walks out of the bathroom with wet hair and a towel draped over his shoulder. He glances at Jimin and grabs a fork from the fruit plate, devouring a juicy watermelon slice.

Jimin's expression turns ghostly as he trembles, calling out, "Hyung..."

"What?" Taehyung looks at him, taking a bite of watermelon. "Am I impressing you with my handsomeness?"

"I..." Jimin stammers, unable to find the right words, but the man behind him bursts into laughter, cutting him off.

Jimin, usually composed, finds himself flustered. He gazes at the man, who suddenly stops frowning, exuding an alluring aura.

At that moment, Jimin's heart seems to skip a beat.

Thinking the man is mocking him, Taehyung shifts his attention. "Jungkook, why are you laughing..."

Taehyung refrains from using any harsh words because of Jimin. He takes out his phone, opens the massage app, and playfully waves his hand in front of Jimin's face.

Little demon: What kind of trouble do you get into?

Jimin quickly denies, saying, "I don't cause any trouble, really!"

Taehyung watches him and raises an eyebrow, saying, "It's good that you don't cause any trouble."

"...But Hyung, I have something..." Jimin tries to speak up, signaling to Taehyung to let the unfamiliar man go for a moment.

Taehyung acts like he doesn't notice the signal.

Then, the unfamiliar man speaks up excitedly, asking, "Taehyung, is he your younger brother?"

Taehyung sits down on his bed and casually says, "Could he be my son?"

"...Who is this person?" Jimin politely asks.

Taehyung responds concisely, "This is my roommate, Jungkook."

"Don't you recognize me?" Jungkook says, "Didn't you call me Hyung before?"

Jimin's mind races as he remembers his foolish thoughts from before, feeling frustrated.

Taehyung chuckles softly, saying, "You're quite affectionate."

Jungkook walks up to Jimin and kneels down, looking into his eyes with a serious and warm gaze. "I'm Jungkook, your Hyung's friend."

Jimin looks away, feeling uneasy. "Oh."