29

The next day, Jimin couldn't shake off the restlessness that plagued him as he woke up early. The weight of his recent meeting with Jungkook lingered in his mind, leaving him feeling unsettled. His thoughts turned to his phone, as he opened Jungkook's WeChat profile, staring at it intently.

He considered reaching out to Jungkook,

Then a wave of doubt washed over Jimin. It was still early, and he wondered if Jungkook might still be asleep. But the remorse he felt after listening to Jungkook's words yesterday was undeniable. He realized that he had been foolish to ignore someone who had been such a crucial support in his life.

With a heavy heart, Jimin grappled with his own actions, questioning how he could do this to him. Taking a deep breath, Jimin contemplated the best way to approach Jungkook and express his regrets. He decided to ask jungkook for a meal.

Jimin stared at his phone, the dim light illuminating his face as he hesitated before typing.

[Jungkook hyung.]

Then he wondered if Jungkook was still asleep, considering how late he might have come home the previous night. It was only 6:00 a.m., after all.

Jimin clutched his blanket, feeling a pang of regret for reaching out to him so early.

But To his surprise, Jungkook replied quickly,

[You are awake at such an early hour?]

Jimin was taken aback by the response. The room remained enveloped in darkness, with only his phone casting a faint glow. Silence filled the air.

Feeling a sense of urgency, Jimin struggled to find the right words to reply. He didn't want to keep Jungkook waiting and wanted to convey that he was indeed awake. In the end, he opted for a simple nod emoji, hoping it would suffice.

Then another reply came.

[Are you feeling unwell after drinking too much alcohol.]

Jimin promptly replied with a straightforward.  [No.]

Jungkook:  [Next time you're out with your friends, if you can't drink beer, then don't drink it.]

Jimin pursues his lips and types: [Okay.]

Jimin hesitated for a moment before typing out his message to Jungkook.

[Hyung when are you free? I want to treat you to a meal.]

He pressed send and waited anxiously for a reply, he couldn't help but feel a bit nervous about how Jungkook would respond. but when no response came, Jimin's mind started to race.

Thoughts of self-doubt and worry flooded his mind.

What if Jungkook questioned his intentions?

What if jungkook asks if he regretted reaching out after ignoring him for so long?

The uncertainty made him feel like he wanted to cry.

But then his phone vibrated with Jungkook's reply.

[Okay.]

Jimin's heart skipped a beat as he received Jungkook's response. He couldn't believe that Jungkook didn't ask any further questions. It left him feeling a mix of surprise and curiosity. Gathering his thoughts, Jimin suggested,

[Is it okay on Thanksgiving Day?]

Jungkook responded with a simple

[Em, ]

Wanting to be flexible, Jimin offered,

[If not, you could decide the day.]

This time Jungkook sent a voice note. Jimin almost dropped his phone to his face. His heart beat grew, as he realized his earphones were not on the bed. He quickly lifted the blanket and hurriedly got off the bed, making his way to the balcony to listen to the voice note.